A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Learning to Post Photos

More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #28769 by tmcquinn
Just go ahead and let me have it if this is not allowed. I'm used to the 'fight your way in' type of forum and calling me dumbass won't kill me. My attemps at posting photos seem to work here at home, on both Windows 10 and Chrome OS no less, but they apparently don't work for you guys.

If you buy a project car on a freezing cold day and have it towed home, you need to be ready to accept this:

Test

So, if anyone has time to indulge me, can you see the photo withing the post?

Or, did my attachment work for you?

"I'll never know it all but I'm willing to settle for knowing where to find the answer!"
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by tmcquinn. Reason: Testing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #28775 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic Learning to Post Photos
I can access this one.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Chad.

More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #28776 by Chad

tmcquinn wrote: Just go ahead and let me have it if this is not allowed. I'm used to the 'fight your way in' type of forum and calling me dumbass won't kill me.

You, thankfully, won't see much of that in this forum. On the rare occasions that you do, it gets nipped in the bud, pretty quick. The members of this forum are dedicated to learning, and helping others learn. Welcome to the forum! :)

It looks like the files that you are attaching are in Cloud storage?

" irx6wg.bn.files.1drv.com/y4ph3-anEE8BCjb...02013%2012%2029a.jpg "

If so, if might have to do with your sharing settings on the cloud?

I recommend saving images directly to your PC/Laptop hard drive, and uploading to the forum from there.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Dylan

More
5 years 1 week ago #28780 by tmcquinn
Replied by tmcquinn on topic Learning to Post Photos

pole71 wrote:

tmcquinn wrote: Just go ahead and let me have it if this is not allowed. I'm used to the 'fight your way in' type of forum and calling me dumbass won't kill me.

You, thankfully, won't see much of that in this forum. On the rare occasions that you do, it gets nipped in the bud, pretty quick. The members of this forum are dedicated to learning, and helping others learn. Welcome to the forum! :)

It looks like the files that you are attaching are in Cloud storage?

" irx6wg.bn.files.1drv.com/y4ph3-anEE8BCjb...02013%2012%2029a.jpg "

If so, if might have to do with your sharing settings on the cloud?

I recommend saving images directly to your PC/Laptop hard drive, and uploading to the forum from there.

I actually really do appreciate the friendliness here quite a bit. I get tired of fighting about nothing and having people tell me that whatever repair I'm trying to do is over my head. No one is born knowing how to fix a car.

Let me get this straight, you could see the attached photo but not the one that is (supposed to be) inline with the message? Because there's nothing that I have in the cloud that doesn't start on my PC. I'll be glad to give up using the 'image link' button if that's the way to go here.

"I'll never know it all but I'm willing to settle for knowing where to find the answer!"

More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #28781 by Chad

tmcquinn wrote: Let me get this straight, you could see the attached photo but not the one that is (supposed to be) inline with the message?

I clicked the "File Attachment:" link, in the body of your post. It opened a download from OneDrive.

Because there's nothing that I have in the cloud that doesn't start on my PC.

I believe your are sharing LINKS to cloud storage.

When posting, to attach an image from your PC, Click the Attachments button. Then, click the Add Files... button.

Now, navigate to where the file is stored on your PC. Alternatively, after clicking the Add Files... button, you can "Drag and Drop" a file into the Add Files... section. After the file is selected, and uploaded, you can click Insert to include the file in the body of the post.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
5 years 1 week ago #28784 by Matts Auto
Replied by Matts Auto on topic Learning to Post Photos
Pole, that looks like a suby engine converted to boat anchor

More
5 years 1 week ago #28785 by tmcquinn
Replied by tmcquinn on topic Learning to Post Photos

Matts Auto wrote: Pole, that looks like a suby engine converted to boat anchor

Well, after blowing the first engine, the guy bought a 2.5 liter salvage yard short block and told his techs to bolt on the tubo, intake, exhaust, etc. People make these 'hybrids' all the time (it had a 2.0) but it only works if you use low compression pistons, which he did not. Next the paperwork shows that he went to his tuner and got himself a big ole performance tune. Shortly after that it somehow stopped running...

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 1 week ago #28804 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Learning to Post Photos
It clearly wasn't boosted enough. You can tell because the other piston wasn't erased from existence...

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds