A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Happy with my switch to a diesel. :-)

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #24945 by Andy.MacFadyen
Almost exactly a year ago I bought a diesel at auction, same Rover model as I was driving just a 2 litre turbo diesel instead of a 1.8 petrol power output is almost exactly the same. I didn't put the diesel on the road until the start of last month but :-) my fuel bill is almost cut in half and the acceleration in the speed range where it is needed is considerably better, for that I can put up with diesel throbbing at cold idle.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 5 months ago #24965 by Noah
I'm glad it's working out for you. I remember when you posted the pics after you bought it.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #24974 by Andy.MacFadyen
The last one sailed through our inspection (MOT test) last December so I figured run it for a yearbut I knew this year it would need major suspension work and a misfire on start-up made me the engine had cylinder liner height issues. I took time over the summer to get the replacement the way I wanted it with a rear suspension work , a proper brake overhaul, parking sensors and reversing camera and being a diesel I knew it would run cold in winter so I sorted out the thermostat and took unreliable Webasto diesel burning engine pre-heater out and put a 230v one in and generally winterized it with heated washers. I am really very happy with it and looking forward to I hope 5 years

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds