A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

2004 Suzuki Diagnosis

More
5 years 5 months ago #24420 by Tkellar40
Was brought a Suzuki Verona that had a no start issue. This car supposedly had been to two shops with no luck. As I started to look at this car, the first thing I noticed was all 6 coil pack pig tails where replaced. Checked them all for correct 12, ground, and signal wire location. Found that 1 out of 6 was correctly wired. Fixed those still no start. Checked fuel pressure, it was good. Checked compression and looked to be low around 110 in all cylinders. Checked the timing and it was off. Retimed the motor still no start. At this point I was scratching my head. Tested the crank sensor and all showed to spec. Tested the cam sensor and found that it had an intermittent problem. Replaced it and bingo car started and ran. What a mess!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #24460 by chief eaglebear
cool brother scanner danner did say sometimes a cam code will show when it a crank sensor problem

More
5 years 5 months ago #24465 by Tkellar40
Replied by Tkellar40 on topic 2004 Suzuki Diagnosis
That’s the thing too, it never threw a cam sensor code nor a crank sensor code. Just multiple misfire codes basically. Just one of them problem child cars lol. It was kicking my butt for awhile.

More
5 years 5 months ago #24472 by Desmond6004
Replied by Desmond6004 on topic 2004 Suzuki Diagnosis
I had a Lexus recently with multiple problems. Spark was weak and I too found wires the wrong way around which was giving a weird scope pattern. Turned out to be a blocked CAT with a few problems induced by the customer "fiddling".

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds