Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/i81rb962hx44/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/i81rb962hx44/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2321
A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Plumbing help!

More
5 years 6 months ago #24089 by Tutti57

Plumbing help! was created by Tutti57
What am I doing wrong here? The sink is not draining and there are no clogs. I'm thinking it has something to do with my piping set up.

What do you think?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #24090 by Chad

Replied by Chad on topic Plumbing help!
It looks alright, to me. Have you taken the J-trap apart and checked for a clog? Does the disposal sound normal? Can you see anything in it, with a flash light?

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Chad.

More
5 years 6 months ago #24091 by Chad

Replied by Chad on topic Plumbing help!
My apology. I blazed right over the "no clogs" portion of you post. :oops:

If you remove the J-trap, Can you pour water down the PVC pipe?

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tutti57

More
5 years 6 months ago #24116 by Tutti57

Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:Plumbing help!
I can pour water down the floor drain no problem. I took apart the disposal and it seems fine. I switched the wires to see if polarity changes the motor spin direction and I leaned that it doesn't with AC.

It works normally at first but then as more water builds, the disposal just swirls the water and it drains very slowly.

It makes me think that the heights of the trap are wrong in relation to the water build up or something. I'm going yo eliminate the disposal all together and see what happens. Bypass test!

More
5 years 6 months ago #24120 by Ben

Replied by Ben on topic Re:Plumbing help!
Hey tutti I'm no plumber but I'm fairly handy at most anything with that said I have a dual sink with barely any drop and high trap with no water flow issues at all . The fact that it works initially them backs up makes me think you have a partially clogged/ restricted pipe down the line if you remove the trap you should be able to stick a water hose in the drain pipe and run it for hours with it never backing up so I think my suggestion is try it. Let it run for a couple mins if it keeps up with flow then you know your drain pipes are clog free. if it back up after a min of running then you know something is restricting the flow further on. I don't think your problem is in your erator/trap

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
5 years 6 months ago #24124 by Tutti57

There is a clog down there somewhere. I don't have any tools here that are breaking through. I got hosed when I took that cap off.

More
5 years 6 months ago #24125 by Ben

Is that where your drains leave your house?

More
5 years 6 months ago #24126 by Tutti57

That is the kitchen sink drain going down through the basement, meeting the floor right there. I'm not sure where it goes from there. Maybe joins up with the main drain?

More
5 years 6 months ago #24127 by Ben

So that is at the basement floor? All of your drains should meet up before exiting the house?I've never had alot of luck with manual snakes but it might be worth sucking as much water out as you can and dump some kitchen drain cleaner directly down it and let it sit for a while then try snaking it

More
5 years 6 months ago #24128 by Ben

On a 2nd note I've seen some houses that had a hill that "grey water" just drained out to the hill rather than the septic tank which is maybe what's going on there if it doesn't exit the house with the rest of the drains?

More
5 years 5 months ago #24152 by Tutti57

Fixed! For the heck of it I threw some liquid plumber in there with hot water. Whatever was clogging it isn't anymore!

More
5 years 5 months ago #24153 by Ben

Must have been grease!

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds