A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

A special thank you to my forum community and to my moderators

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #23865 by ScannerDanner
I just wanted you guys to know how much I value this community as a whole and wanted to say a special thank you to my moderators Andy, Tyler, Noah and Dylan and also to many, many of you who contribute on a regular basis. Helping others and giving your time is an awesome thing. And even though I cannot be here much, I have full confidence in my community that things are being handled with patience and kindness and just as importantly, with good advice to others on how to handle their problems!
I had a guy yesterday using my support email for help, something that happens a lot, and I always guide them here as my support system is for login and SD Premium access issues and purchases. Anyway, he replied back and basically called my entire community "fools" (based on a single reply on something from the past) and I wanted you guys to know that I typically do not engage with comments like this but I did in this case. I want you all to know how much I value you and trust you. I may have said some things that made the situtaion worse but I don't care, this guy needed to hear it. Thank you all for what you do here and may God continue to bless this community. Thank you again to our moderators. Let them all know how much they mean to us in the replies. Have a blessed day my friends.

Don't be a parts changer!
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by ScannerDanner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Dylan, Tyler, Andy.MacFadyen, Andreastech, Tutti57, chief eaglebear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #23866 by Tutti57
Right on. This is far from being a community of fools! Thanks to you for building it right!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #23882 by graywave
Thank YOU Paul!

I have been on many forums through out the years, in fact its probably been over 7 years since I have been comitted to a forum community and now knowing what you taught me and what I have learned on my own, those other forums have no comparison to this community.

There are members, including myself that may give slightly bad advice at times but the community corrects everyone including myself politely and respectfully. Something that you don't find on many forums.

The moderators do a great job too..just a plug for them :)

Keep up the good work Paul.

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by graywave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Dylan, Andy.MacFadyen, Tutti57

More
5 years 5 months ago #23896 by Andy.MacFadyen
Tutti and Graywave your input is really valued and all the other white hats ( to many to list ) you make what it is, every now and again I look at some of the one make forums around the net :-( ....... lets just say I don't believe everything I read on the Web :-)
I know most of you realize there is more to this forum than just cars following Paul's lead there is a remarkable ethos of learning, self-education, self-empowerment and helping others.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tutti57

More
5 years 5 months ago #23898 by Tutti57
Out of curiosity, how do you mods know Paul? How did you all link up on here?

More
5 years 5 months ago #23913 by ScannerDanner

graywave wrote: Thank YOU Paul!

...the community corrects everyone including myself politely and respectfully. Something that you don't find on many forums.

The moderators do a great job too..just a plug for them :)

Keep up the good work Paul.

This is all props to you guys. It is not me at all! In fact I want to be here more, just to be part of this! It is wonderful to see a community that is respectful to each other. To love others more than ourselves is what this world needs desperately right now. And I get to watch you guys do this for each other, lead by my amazing mods and others who are mods just without the title! I am truly blessed by all of you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tutti57

More
5 years 5 months ago #23915 by ScannerDanner

Andy.MacFadyen wrote: Tutti and Graywave your input is really valued and all the other white hats ( to many to list ) you make what it is, every now and again I look at some of the one make forums around the net :-( ....... lets just say I don't believe everything I read on the Web :-)
I know most of you realize there is more to this forum than just cars following Paul's lead there is a remarkable ethos of learning, self-education, self-empowerment and helping others.

Andy you are a blessing to me on so many levels

More
5 years 5 months ago #23916 by ScannerDanner

Tutti57 wrote: Out of curiosity, how do you mods know Paul? How did you all link up on here?

It started with Tyler, everytime I would answer a question for someone, there was this guy named Tyler who almost always had the same answer and with me not knowing my own forum, his reply would be there first without me seeing it. Then other times, I would start to answer, only to scroll down and see him answering EXACTLY how I would have!
Add Noah next, who was always on point, always asking super good questions, picking up on things very quickly and if I rember correctly it was Tyler that made me even more aware of who this kid was :-) (what a great tech he has become over the years!)
Then Dylan, I don't remember exactly the path to picking him up but I know Tyler and Noah were involved in this pick. And I too noticed the type of replies he would have and they were exceptional and he had the correct attitude to go with it (as Tyler and Noah had).
Then the icing on the cake was some UK bloke named Andy, a seasoned tech with a kindness about him that just made people want to hear from him and he was always answering questions, pouring into this community as if he was a moderator before I even made him one.
So we have a very well rounded group.
Tyler is from Kansas
Noah is in New England somewhere (Boston?)
Dylan is from Belguim
Andy is from the UK (Scotland?)
I have only met Tyler personally but it is on my bucket list to be able to meet all of these guys someday.

A final word, I know there are many of you who contribe to this community and just don't carry the title of "moderator". I want you to know that you are noticed and are not taken for granted. I believe you are one of them Tutti57, I see your name a lot. Thank you for helping out and for making my community something special.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Dylan, Andy.MacFadyen, Tutti57

More
5 years 5 months ago #23917 by dkggpeters

ScannerDanner wrote: Anyway, he replied back and basically called my entire community "fools" (based on a single reply on something from the past) and I wanted you guys to know that I typically do not engage with comments like this but I did in this case. I want you all to know how much I value you and trust you.

This is the most civil and helpful forum that I have been to by far. Everyone is extremely helpful and there is no belittling at all. If we are fools then I am ok with that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler, Andy.MacFadyen, Tutti57

More
5 years 5 months ago #23920 by Ben
Who would say such a thing about this forum!? was this the same guy who went off on me and another tech last year for having a humorous way of saying it could have been a squirrel making havoc with his maf or possibly a plugged catalytic converter?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #23944 by Andy.MacFadyen
So the true story of how the gang of four became moderators has been revealed, I was planning on writing an entirely fictitious Hollywood film noir style version.

For my part I discovered Paul's videos while I was recovering after a two month spell in hospital due to a nasty infection in my knee joint, I had never really used YouTube before but SD and handful of other channels (not all car related) changed my mind.

I live on the outskirts of Glasgow Scotland where town meets country just across the river Clyde from a medieval castle, sounds idyllic but it is a former mining village that is becoming absorbed by the city and becoming gentrified.

If I tried to give much deserved praise to all of the superstar members of the forum I would leave somebody out but I will say that anything Cheryl posts is always good common sense worth reading.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner, Tutti57

More
5 years 5 months ago #23947 by Tyler

Andy.MacFadyen wrote: If I tried to give much deserved praise to all of the superstar members of the forum I would leave somebody out...

Truth right here. B) Ever since joining, I've always felt that it's Paul's attitude and teaching style that draws the best people from our field. Our community rocks because we're not assholes, and we're not looking for silver bullets. :lol:

Many thanks for having our back, Paul. It seems like everyone in the industry is happy (eager?) to throw the next guy under the bus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner, Andy.MacFadyen, Tutti57

More
5 years 5 months ago #24092 by ScannerDanner

Ben wrote: Who would say such a thing about this forum!? was this the same guy who went off on me and another tech last year for having a humorous way of saying it could have been a squirrel making havoc with his maf or possibly a plugged catalytic converter?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I won't name him publicly because that would be counter to what we are doing here right? :-)
Thanks so much for being here Ben and for all that you bring to this community.

BTW, I think I remember that post and I do not think this was the same guy lol

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds