A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

SHADY used car dealers in Illinois, specifically Cook County

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #23419 by Dtnel
Just saw this on a Facebook group. The text says the owner has them drop the catalytic converters cut them open and clean them out then patch it back up and cover the money light so unsuspecting used car buyers don't know that they're buying a car with bad or no emissions essentially.

He mentioned that he has a lot of VIN numbers, a couple videos, several pictures and another information about this stuff and he even got sent home today because he refused to alter the money light. I told him to Google whistleblower attorneys and find one in the greater Chicago area as he'll get something eventually if a whistleblower attorney takes the case and goes to court and gets a sealed indictment so they can continue investigating this creep. Yes they can do sealed indictments because otherwise it would jeopardize the investigation.

That just makes me fume seeing that type of crap.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Dtnel. Reason: Spelling error.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #23433 by Andy.MacFadyen
Car dealers the world over ................. All the cars dumped into auctions because they are too expensive to fix properly end up somewhere.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
5 years 6 months ago #23691 by Ro-longo

Andy.MacFadyen wrote: Car dealers the world over ................. All the cars dumped into auctions because they are too expensive to fix properly end up somewhere.

Usually in my bay,,,,,,

"Silver bullets are for killing Werewolves, not fixing Cars." -Rob Longoria-

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 6 months ago #23718 by Noah

Ro-longo wrote:

Andy.MacFadyen wrote: Car dealers the world over ................. All the cars dumped into auctions because they are too expensive to fix properly end up somewhere.

Usually in my bay,,,,,,

I know the feeling

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds