A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Birmingham, AL area: Looking for Techs, Foremen & Service Managers

More
5 years 7 months ago #23387 by TheTechWhisperer
I have referred alot of tech buddies and former students of mine to the company I work for, and apparently my boss must be pretty happy with them, because he called me yesterday asking for more, haha. I am the company's tech trainer, but I guess the recruiting department doesn't know where to find good techs :huh: .

The company I work for has full-service shops that do pretty much everything except body work. Each location also has a separate building out front with a separate crew of guys that do the quick-lube stuff, so those tend to feed the mechanical shops with plenty of work. It's actually a really good model, because alot of the techs spend downtime teaching the quick-lube guys how to look over the cars and just EDUCATE the customer, rather than try to sell them crap. The customers really appreciate that approach, knowing we just educate them on the condition of their car, it builds alot more trust with the customer rather than what many other chain stores do.

I do tech training classes and one-on-one training for the techs, we do outside training from vendors like CarQuest/CTI (I am pretty picky about who does it, because many of the other vendor classes are a "sales pitch" IMO) and the company has turned over the alot of the equipment stuff to me too, because they understand you have to spend money to make money (first place i have worked where that holds true). Of course, we pay for all ASE testing and all that if you want to get them, and they give a bonus for them too.

Another cool thing that made me want to work for these guys is that they like to promote from within. A lot of techs know they can't wrench forever, and wind up moving up into a service manager, store manager, etc... I was a tech up until 3 years ago, my boss used to be a tech, and his boss used to be a tech, so...

Anyway, if you are within driving distance of Birmingham, AL and are interested in talking just let me know. We have stores popping up all over the country, too. So even if your'e not in Alabama and your'e interested, feel free to reach out.

I don't know what the forum rules are about posting my e-mail address or number, so I will wait until Tyler or Noah give me the "ok" for that, haha.

"You will always find the greatest fulfillment in life when you are operating in the gifts God gave you"- Dad

National Director of Technical Training & Mechanical Operations - Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers
ASE Master L1 Tech
BMW Master Tech
Ford FACT Advanced Electronics Instructor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tutti57

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #23388 by Tyler

TheTechWhisperer wrote: I don't know what the forum rules are about posting my e-mail address or number, so I will wait until Tyler or Noah give me the "ok" for that, haha.

I dunno that we have any rules for that? :silly: Post it up! Just know that spammers and the like do float in and out. ;)

More
5 years 7 months ago #23389 by TheTechWhisperer
daldrich@expressoil.com

"You will always find the greatest fulfillment in life when you are operating in the gifts God gave you"- Dad

National Director of Technical Training & Mechanical Operations - Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers
ASE Master L1 Tech
BMW Master Tech
Ford FACT Advanced Electronics Instructor

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 7 months ago #23402 by Noah
If you're comfortable having your contact info out there for anyone to see, post away.

You can also request private messages. Although there doesn't seem to be any kind of alert too let you know you've got a new message. You just have to keep checking.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.674 seconds