A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Special Thanks...

More
5 years 8 months ago #23208 by Tutti57
Special Thanks... was created by Tutti57
...to Paul and everyone who has helped me out on this forum. It is easily, EASILY, the best one out there. I'm feeling much more confident than I was a couple of years ago, even a couple of months ago, with all of your help. Last week I pasesd the ASE electrical and engine performance tests armed only with ScannerDanner premium resources. I've read the book several times cover to cover and used the videos as well. At work we have ASE prep material that I used for the other tests like engine repair, brakes, and steering and suspension, but after taking a handful of the electrical and engine performance practice tests, I didn't even bother going over the study material. The concepts that I learned through Paul's network are what helped me pass. I'll say that I did almost run out of time on the electrical one but I still have to think things through quite a bit.

I'm surprised more people at work aren't interested in learning more about diagnostics. I couldn't think of a better combo than the book, videos, and forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Tyler, Andy.MacFadyen, Andreastech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Busy
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 8 months ago #23233 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Special Thanks...

Tutti57 wrote: ... Last week I pasesd the ASE electrical and engine performance tests armed only with ScannerDanner premium resources..

Congratulations! That's awesome, great work.

Tutti57 wrote: I'm surprised more people at work aren't interested in learning more about diagnostics. I couldn't think of a better combo than the book, videos, and forum.

Some techs just aren't into it or are comfortable with their current methods and skill level.
Some of these people might even feel threatened, that you're questioning the validity of their methods.

It helps to identify people who can "talk shop", and who you might be better off just responding "really? I didn't know that..."

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tutti57

More
5 years 8 months ago #23235 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Special Thanks...
Congratulations :-) your curiosity found Paul's videos but your desire to learn and hard work won you your certificate. :-)

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
5 years 8 months ago #23236 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Special Thanks...
One of the issues in the industry is recruiting the right people, I strongly suspect the best techs are guys & girls that perhaps for various reasons didn't do great things at school but get into the industry and suddenly discover they actually enjoy problem solving and learning is fun.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
5 years 8 months ago #23240 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:Special Thanks...
I totally agree with that. I did not do well in school unless it was something was interested in. It's a great field to be in if you like problem solving and thinking. Many people don't realize that, both people in and out of the field.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #23311 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Re:Special Thanks...
Congrats on passing A6 and A8! Now keep the momentum going and take the L1. :woohoo: I guarantee you'll dominate it.

If I didn't know better, I'd think Paul wrote the book as test prep for L1.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Tyler.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #23324 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:Special Thanks...
I got through A7 on Wednesday, so now my boss can send me to Nissan school for a few 4 day electrical trainings.

I want to get the transmissions done next since we got a lot of CVT rebuilds and replacements in the shop. I don't want to pass up that work and it's definitely my weakest topic. Probably for a lot of people. Voodoo magic.

L1 is right after those. Probably a few weeks away.

ASEs don't fix cars but they do make you more marketable and I've learned a ton of theory and best practices while studying that I can immediately put into practice.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Tutti57.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds