A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Vacation - going to the Mille Miglia in May

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #2872 by Andy.MacFadyen
I have spent the last few days sorting out my spring break, we had booked a year in advance but our travel company really messed up. All sort sorted so I am now much happier bunny.
For quite a few years we have holidayed in Italy our favourite destination is a truly amazing little ancient town called Sirmione which is in Lombardy on the shores of Lake Garda. The highlight of the trip is when the Mille Miglia historic car rally passes through ---- Ok the food and wine, scenery and hospitality is great as well and the ice cream is like you will not find anywhere else on the planet.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 6 months ago #2897 by Noah
That's wicked cool! I'd love to be able to visit Europe (specifically Italy) some day.
I was unaware of that event, looks like a great bookend to a better vacation.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #2923 by Andy.MacFadyen
They only re-started the rally about 2011 but it had been running unofficially before that. I became aware of it by accident I was in the loby of my hotel when I found a Jaguar C-Type practically blocking the doorway :) nice suprise but it got better this was was parked in the piazza beside the hotel garden.

We started going to Italy about 10 years back and got hooked we did the Pompei and Vesuvius thing but it was up north in the lakes at the near the Alps we found the perfect spot and the perfect hotel.

The north of Italy is probably the most civilised place on the planet we love the narrow streets the lakes and mountains the food and the wine, if you do one trip to europe the north of Italy is the place to go. When visitors from the USA come to Europe because it may well be the trip of a lifetime I think they often try and cram too many cities. Try a Google image search on Sirmione or Lake Garda it is amazing.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds