A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Need Pico Standard kit to go on sale tomorrow :)

More
6 years 5 months ago #15160 by graywave
It would be nice for this scope to go on sale tomorrow :)

$2000 would be better than $2300.

Who has connections? ;-)

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #15167 by EricGoodrich
Chances are you've already got more of the things in the kit than you realize. Also, if you buy the bare bones 4 channel scope you can add low and high amp clamps, secondary ignition COP probe from Amazon for really cheap. And you can even make your own low pressure pulse sensors for a couple of bucks a piece. I saved a few hundred bucks going that route.

More
6 years 5 months ago #15168 by EricGoodrich
Hantek CC650 AC/DC Current Clamp for Hantek&Other Makes Auto Oscilloscopes and DMMs,BNC Plug www.amazon.com/dp/B009R15SJG?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

OTC Tools 3825-56 Universal Scope COP Probe www.amazon.com/dp/B009TCCIFA?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

ESI 307M Fuse Buddy Mini Current Loop www.amazon.com/dp/B0017R5EHO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_vj4fAbW8YBDTP

And, these are great for being able to use leads or probes you may already have that use banana jacks. 2pcs BNC Male Plug to 2 x 4mm Banana female Socket Binding Post Adapter www.amazon.com/dp/B00SX0YE4W?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

These are awesome for making your own leads. YoCoo® 4mm Gold Plated Female & Male Bullet Banana Plug Connector for ESC and RC Battery (Pack of 20 Pair) www.amazon.com/dp/B017CNBOS4?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

These along with the stripped down Pico that just came with four leads, some back probes and a couple of other things, oh and the basic kit in the cardboard box comes with one capacitive secondary probe, at least the one from aeswave did.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dylan

More
6 years 5 months ago #15197 by graywave
I do have a lot of the stuff already. The only thing I don't like about the starter kit is it doesn't have the plastic case. I want to make sure I could get the case with the foam insert to protect everything. I just found here www.saelig.com/MFR00063GA/pa084.htm that I can buy the case separately. Pricey for a case but if it saves me $800-$900 might be an idea.

EricGoodrich wrote: Hantek CC650 AC/DC Current Clamp for Hantek&Other Makes Auto Oscilloscopes and DMMs,BNC Plug www.amazon.com/dp/B009R15SJG?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

OTC Tools 3825-56 Universal Scope COP Probe www.amazon.com/dp/B009TCCIFA?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

ESI 307M Fuse Buddy Mini Current Loop www.amazon.com/dp/B0017R5EHO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_vj4fAbW8YBDTP

And, these are great for being able to use leads or probes you may already have that use banana jacks. 2pcs BNC Male Plug to 2 x 4mm Banana female Socket Binding Post Adapter www.amazon.com/dp/B00SX0YE4W?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

These are awesome for making your own leads. YoCoo® 4mm Gold Plated Female & Male Bullet Banana Plug Connector for ESC and RC Battery (Pack of 20 Pair) www.amazon.com/dp/B017CNBOS4?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

These along with the stripped down Pico that just came with four leads, some back probes and a couple of other things, oh and the basic kit in the cardboard box comes with one capacitive secondary probe, at least the one from aeswave did.

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #15207 by EricGoodrich
I use something similar to this... I like it because I can keep my laptop in it as well as the scope, leads, probes etc. The one I have has three large compartments, one for the laptop, one for the scope, one for a large flat tackle box filled with back probes etc...

17 inch Laptop Bag, Travel Briefcase with Organizer, Expandable Large Hybrid Shoulder Bag, Water Resistant Business Messenger Briefcases for Men and Women Fits 15.6 Inch Laptop, Computer, Tablet www.amazon.com/dp/B06XJPQV74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_x3qgAbEDN7J8F
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by EricGoodrich.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 5 months ago #15256 by Noah
www.harborfreight.com/watertight-protect...se-medium-63926.html
I was just checking out this case in the recent flyer...

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds