A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

SMA Ford Escape weirdness

More
6 years 6 months ago #14023 by cheryl hartkorn
@tyler

could you give your guess on Eric o's new video on yutube about the ford escape. curious to see what you think! (south main auto)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14026 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic SMA Ford Escape weirdness

cheryl hartkorn wrote: @tyler

could you give your guess on Eric o's new video on yutube about the ford escape. curious to see what you think! (south main auto)

Have you seen part two? Asking 'cause I don't want to spoil it if you haven't. ;-)

More
6 years 6 months ago #14033 by cheryl hartkorn
i have! very weird

More
6 years 6 months ago #14043 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic SMA Ford Escape weirdness
OK cool, just checking. ;-) This is one of those series that's really worth watching all the way through.

Also, I moved this into its own thread, so we wouldn't hijack the other one. :blush:

I have NO CLUE how the power steering pressure switch makes that happen. :blink: This is one of those times that knowing how the PCM is wired would be cool, 'cause there has to be some connection between them. I've seen 5V reference sensors influence each other because of internal PCM issues, but never a 12V switch input and a 5V reference.

All I know is that I wouldn't have thought to check the power steering switch. Really, I'd have put a PCM in it, and been wrong. :lol:

More
6 years 6 months ago #14054 by Andy.MacFadyen
It is a weird one I was going to flag it up the Forum but Cheryl beat me to it, I was watching one of Paul's videos on dead coil driver on a Fprd Escape and couldn't help noticing thr PAS pressure switch on it also looked brand new.

ISTR There is one of Ivan (with Keith) videos on a coil shutting down on a Ford Truck that is pretty mysterious also.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 6 months ago #14075 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic SMA Ford Escape weirdness
You think it really could have been a pcm? Seeing the actual voltage at the sensor reflect what the scan tool was reporting made me think away from a pcm, but Eric was still on the fence and others seemed to think it was still a possibility. I feel like I'm missing a link in the logic chain :(

Still have no idea how the power steering pressure switch figures into the picture either!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds