A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Unable to screencast videos using chromecast since Vimeo player was adopted

More
3 months 1 day ago #64378 by Mossy1985
Hi guys and gals, a question on screen casting.

I have for the longest time enjoyed Pauls videos on my TV by means of using a Chromecast dongle. I use Chrome browser and have never had an issue. Im not sure but i seem to think that the video player on this site wasnt a Vimeo player up until fairly recent? please correct me if im wrong.

Anyway, with this player my chromecast device can be selected however when you select the device (TV) after your press the cast icon on the player then the video wont actually cast. What happens is the Vimeo logo appears for a second and then my Chromecast screensaver appears on the TV. I have tried both my laptop and my phone and both act the same. I can cast from both to the likes of YT or other players that arent Vimeo. There are other sites i visit such as Mechanic Mindset who also use Vimeo and I have the same issue. 

Would anybody out there have a work around for this as a google search has turned up empty for me

thanks all

Dave  

Searching for knowledge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 months 1 day ago #64379 by Noah

I use Smart View from the drop down menu on my Android and mirror the screen to my smart tv.
It can be buggy at times, especially on 2x playback speed, but it works well enough.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
3 months 1 day ago #64388 by Mossy1985
Thanks for the reply Noah. Its a strange one really as on my laptop i can get the screencast to work but not from the screencast icon within the video. In order to cast from the laptop I have use the dropdown menu and select 'Save and Share' and then select 'cast'. This will then allow me to cast my laptop screen wirelessly and i can just put the video to full screen and it works great. The screencast icon in the video on my mobile though acts again just like the laptop. Not sure what the problem is but must be a compatibility issue between the Vimeo player and the Chromecast.

So basically moving forward I will just have to break out the laptop when i want to watch anything o the Tv

Searching for knowledge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
3 months 23 hours ago #64398 by Mossy1985
Thanks for the reply Kris. Ive been using my chromecast for years now so its all set up how it should be. It works seemless with the likes of YouTube but there is definately a compatability issue with Chromecast and Vimeo. Its not an SD site issue as it behaves the same on other platforms using Vimeo. Like i said to Noah above, i can use my laptop as a work around as that will allow me cast my actual screen when i hit the 3 dots in the top right and select cast. If i hit the cast icon that is in the Vimeo player on the bottom right then it attempts to cast with Imeo logo coming up on my TV for a few seconds and then it quits and my chromecast screensaver pictures come up.

Searching for knowledge

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds