A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Your tools are expensive --- security cams

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #57802 by Andy.MacFadyen
In my area Facebook users have been reporting a spate of overnight tool thefts from van and workshops apart to the cost of the cost of replacement you have to add the loss of income and job stopping hold ups through not having a particular tool.Being retired just doing occaisional jobs but I still have thousands invested in tool so decided replaced my 20 years old cams with four IP cams that didn't cost the earth and are a huge improvement over my two previous cameras.Amazon and E-Bay are full of different models but as I have used mostly Tp-Link products for networking and home automation that was the brand I chose. Really pleased they work over wifi or cabled ethernet and give really good colour images even under street lighting.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, juergen.scholl, elene77

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #57803 by juergen.scholl
Absolutely worth the reminder!!

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elene77

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 7 months ago #57804 by Noah
The wife and I have been talking about adding some cameras around the house. Let us know how they hold up in the long term.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 year 7 months ago #57808 by Andy.MacFadyen
So far only one month in I am really impressed with the external cameras how they will stand up over winter will be the acid test. One slight problem is the documentation although the cameras were very easy to setup and link to the phone. there isn't much help on how fine tune the settings and get the best out the detection and alert settings. I bought three slightly different models and the settings are different.
A big plus is each camera can take a micro SD card and records even if cut off from the network, being a cheapskate bought 32gb cards and they seem more than big enough.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
1 year 5 months ago #58873 by marskay
Worth the remember

Sent from my TECNO KD6 using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds