Rotkee m- lab

More
2 years 2 months ago #54005 by scott.tucker
Rotkee m- lab was created by scott.tucker
I have been using a Rotkee /MLab scope for about 3 months and trying to get all the features figured out but I have one question I hope someone can answer what is a IFC (Auto), I see it plugs into the number nine port trigger when I'm trying to do a cylinder balance test can anyone help with this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #54010 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic Rotkee m- lab
Not familiar with the rotkee scope in particular to start with but:

The power balance/cylinder contribution test is based on Andrej Shulgin's CSS script, the scope needs two signals to execute the script. One is the input from the crank sensor and the other one is a sync signal. As sync signal you can use an inductive pickup to capture the ignition event from any cylinder and feed this signal into the trigger port. Specifying the sync cylinder and applying the firing order when the script analyzer asks for it will allow to identify each cylinder. You could use other trigger sources, for example the control signal when dealing with coil on plg system or the injector current on common rail diesel engines. HTH.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by juergen.scholl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
1 year 7 months ago #58122 by maneek
Replied by maneek on topic Rotkee m- lab
I just got the USBautoscope and the sync signal is not suposed to work correct using an inductive sensor if the car have COP. In that case you need to connect a igniyion cable between the plug and coil also using a high voltage "part" jn this conection. Place a regular clamp pickup on the cable as for a sync,
On my scope this cable goes to channel 8 named sync. My number 9 is the last one and used for regular ignition signals.
As already mentioned you also need the signal from the cranc sensor.
The signal from the inductive sensor do not work I was told as an sync signal.
Not a full answer buy mighy help some.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds