Thoughts on LOTO osc482 USB

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #53350 by ksat22
Wondering if anyone has experience with this 2 channel USB oscilloscope model. or perhaps at least with any other mode LOTO USB units, and wouldn't mind telling me what they like (and don't like) about it. Though it seems to have similar specs to the Hantek 6022BE, the osc482 does NOT appear to be just a rebadge.

This would be my 1st scope and I'm really just a hobbyist here, not a pro mechanic or anything. I did have some (basic) experience using bench scopes years ago.

The reviews I've seen on the scope seem pretty positive. Some things I like about it is it has a buffer memory (sampling rate and memory size are user-selectable), an AC coupling and a PC user interface which looks more polished compared to a similarly priced Hantek.

One thing I'm not crazy about are the x1 input only being a maximum of +/-5V, but it does come with x10 attenuator. The software also doesn't appear to come with pre-set automotive functions, though it does appear to support HScope. I would need to invest in an Android device if I got HScope, but it wouldn't be the biggest deal as I was interested in getting the Torque Pro app as well. [strike]Triggering appears to be only on channel 1, but I don't know how much of a disadvantage that would be.[/strike]

Some of the advertised specs are attached:
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by ksat22.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds