Pico current clamps on Snap on Verus

More
2 years 8 months ago #50497 by Alexandros Vasilis
Got a snap on verus and searching for current clamps. I saw Scannerdanner use pico ones but the pico TA189 costs like 350 amd the pico TA009 costs like 100. Im still new at this but can i get away with the TA009 in fitment and practicality? Thank you to everyone for all the help in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #50498 by Andy.MacFadyen
Amp clamps are pretty generic, Pico sell good products the clamps in the Pico Economy range will do the job although they may give more noise in the output and drift more than the Premium range clamps.
They are certainly better than the Hantek
www.scannerdanner.com/tools.html

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandros Vasilis

More
2 years 6 months ago #51701 by YOTA MDT
I have a otc low amp probe and a aes wave low amp probe both work well with my Verus Pro, The aes is about 100.00 the otc about 150.00 on Amazon. For high amps I use a Electronic specialties 1000 amp probe purchased from aes wave for about 100.00 it has banana jacks so it doesn't require adapters. both of the others do. One was supposed to come with the otc but didn't. all of these were purchased with cost in mind because I'm getting ready to add the Pico 4425-A to my arsenal. so for the money they seem to work okay  You will need to do some math conversions to set them up

More
2 years 6 months ago #51702 by YOTA MDT
I have a otc low amp probe and a aes wave low amp probe both work well with my Verus Pro, The aes is about 100.00 the otc about 150.00 on Amazon. For high amps I use a Electronic specialties 1000 amp probe purchased from aes wave for about 100.00 it has banana jacks so it doesn't require adapters. both of the others do. One was supposed to come with the otc but didn't. all of these were purchased with cost in mind because I'm getting ready to add the Pico 4425-A to my arsenal. so for the money they seem to work okay  You will need to do some math conversions to set them up Don't let me steer you away from a more quality unit though. This is an area where you get what you pay for. If I was only going to have one clamp I would expect the Pico to be better than the others as far as quality of waveform and ability to zero out and not wander

More
2 years 6 months ago #51714 by Andy.MacFadyen
The easy way to do mV to amps conversion is draw straight line graph  mV on the X axis   then you can leave the scope on the mV scale.
With current clamps to get to know do a couple sanity checks on something you know roughly what the current should be on such as a 12v 5 watt bulb and 21 watt bulb.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
2 years 6 months ago #51724 by Alexandros Vasilis
Hey there,
thanks for the reply and the tips much appreciated, I ended up buying the pico economy ones but with bnc and i couldn't find them with banana and bought a bnc to banana converter so i can start slowly getting familiar with them! all the best man to you!

More
2 years 6 months ago #51725 by Alexandros Vasilis
Hi there,
thanks for the tip! will do and try out to get familiar with different circuit current and the set ups! Much appreciated for the info and the support man!

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds