Snap on verus vs vantage pro vs solus pro

More
2 years 7 months ago #50338 by Alexandros Vasilis
Hi there people and Scannerdanner!
        As I want to invest in a oscilloscope eventually( beginner budget one) I saw on the channel the training course for these 3. Now the question is which one is the better option in terms of reliability and cost. Will a 2 channel one be ok most of the times or the use of the 4 channel is more needed? Many thanks to all and this channel is sick! Learned so much and continue to learn HUGE RESPECT TO ALL! Thank you to everyone in advance for the help and advice!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #50339 by Alexandros Vasilis
One thing I forgot to ask does the function of the scope get affected by the updates of the scan tool? 15.2 vs 19.4 for example?

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #50340 by juergen.scholl
Alexandros, here is my point of view:

A 2 channel scope will probably be enough in 80+ % of all the cases you want to scope something. In the other cases multiple comparative measurements will help you out, for example cam/crank relations with more than one cmp.

However, if you`re really interested in getting involved into "heavy scoping" you will reach the point where a 4 (or more) channel scope is desirable.

If you´re not sure about it you may want to start with a 2 channel vantage pro. If some day you get to wanting more channels you easily can sell the vantage without loss and go from there buying something "bigger".

The basic operation of the scope does not depend on the scanner software. Nevertheless, some automated component test presets won`t be available on older software versions that will be present on newer ones.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by juergen.scholl.

More
2 years 7 months ago #50341 by Alexandros Vasilis
Thanks man much appreciated! What about the scope function does get affected by what version of update the tool has?

More
2 years 7 months ago #50342 by juergen.scholl

The basic operation of the scope does not depend on the scanner software. Nevertheless, some automated component test presets won`t be available on older software versions that will be present on newer ones.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Alexandros Vasilis

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds