Cheaper (much !) WPS 500

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #49912 by Wightscope
Saw this www.aliexpress.com/item/4001198287616.ht....32143c00seuCBx&mp=1 a JH-APT-100 looks good, then I found that Dave Sterl had bought one and tested it. Nothing wrong with the results he was getting and it even works with the Pico pre-sets.

Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Wightscope.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #49999 by juergen.scholl
Three months ago I got one of those, from AliExpress.....

When using it for the first time it didn't work as designed, the pressure just ramped up and didn't change dynamically.
Reason was a tiny plug within the compression hose fitting....Once drilled that out it started working flawlessly.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
2 years 9 months ago #50035 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Cheaper (much !) WPS 500
I've got a coworker interested in a WPS500. Would you recommend this in place of genuine Pico, Juergen?

More
2 years 9 months ago #50037 by juergen.scholl
Yes, I would recommend it, using it basically for in-cylinder, intake and exhaust readings. Using a Pico Automotive scope you can select the WPS as a preset and the scaling/output is just the same.

Nevertheless, some observations:

The quick fitting and coupler connecting the hose to the sensor is a cumbersome size, you would have to make up some kind of workaround if you wanted to use some accessories like a flowmeter etc.

I don't know if this device is really fluid proofed as the WPS is.

Regarding the long run: time will tell but it's a really solid built. I like the easy battery access (18600), just in case one day you'll have to change it.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
2 years 9 months ago #50075 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Cheaper (much !) WPS 500
Thanks, sir. B) I'll follow up in here if one of us pulls the trigger.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds