Re:Pico versus Autel lab scopes

More
2 years 11 months ago #48213 by jehurd
Would somebody summarize what automotive tests [example: cam crank?] can be performed with a Pico scope 4425A that are not possible with an Autel MP 408 MaxiScope? In other words, what critical to auto diag capabilities are present in the Pico that are not in the Autel? I am not asking this question based on the supplied accessories with each kit, rather the base scope and software for each. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #48282 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:Pico versus Autel lab scopes
I recently purchased the aAutel mp408 and I've found a few things I wanted it to do it could not ... capturing the waveform isn't the problem it's what you can do with it that's the problem. 1st it's currently lacking custom math channels(hopefully added in future update). 2nd the filter is lacking in that you have to open the page select the filter then close the filter page for it to take affect (which is a pain if you need to try different amounts of filtering to see how it affects your pattern) (also im not sure if pico does or not but the filter doesn't work on already recorded data meaning you have to be running live for filter to take affect ).3rd pico allows you to move your measurement cursor in your degree layout and enter a degree to snap to (handy if you want to get right on say 60 degrees) autel does not let you enter a value just side cursor). 4th the custom probe setup sucks hands down it doesn't work it doesn't even come close to working so your stuck with multiplying whatever the value is to get amperage or psi or whatever your trying to do. Lastly the screen is pretty laggy live I attribute it to the software but could be my computer . Hope that helps !

I'm torn between waiting for better update or selling it and buying a pico I'm just having a hard time with the 2k+ price tag

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Chad

More
2 years 11 months ago #48283 by Chad

Ben wrote: (also im not sure if pico does or not but the filter doesn't work on already recorded data meaning you have to be running live for filter to take affect )

Yes. You can add, and remove, filtering on recorded data with Pico. For post-recorded waveform manipulation, Pico cannot be beat.

buying a pico I'm just having a hard time with the 2k+ price tag

You can get a Pico 4425, without accessories, for $1250.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds