Diesel Injector Testing

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #44505 by willco
Just thought I would drop these waveforms I captured off a 2012 Ram w/6.7 cummins engine. Although not exactly the same, similar to gdi waveform. The one on the left is bad with no fuel being injected, and the one on the right is known good
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by willco. Reason: pic description
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Andy.MacFadyen, Slavchev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #44908 by AJeep18
Replied by AJeep18 on topic Diesel Injector Testing
As a noob, can you explain to me the process you used to get these captures? Also I was recently doing a relative compression test on a diesel truck and was trying to figure out how to identify which cylinder was which, and I assume there is a way to do it similarly to the way it is done on a gas engine, but I am not exactly sure how. (the specific truck I was working on was a 5.9 Cummins)

More
3 years 3 months ago #44929 by Andy.MacFadyen
The Pico automotive site has guided test for all the basic disel injector types.
Pico list injectors as acctuators
www.picoauto.com/library/automotive-guided-tests

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
1 year 1 month ago #60075 by kkane97.kane
i have a 2008 im fighting right now. I have a very poor running condition. intermittently will idle only any throttle will make it fall on its face. sometimes it will crank and crank and never fire with no smoke out the tailpipe.

I have checked injector voltages when running but very poorly and my injector voltages are much lower than what I believe to be normal. Im only seeing about 20 volts at the highest on my driver side. my ground side looks very similar to what you have posted as a bad signal.

We have gone over all pcm grounds and powers, load tested all injector circuit wiring back to pcm through the UVCH and checked out ok.

What did you find to fix your low voltage?
Attachments:

More
1 year 1 month ago #60219 by kkane97.kane
Bump

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds