Scope Lead Banana Plugs

More
3 years 10 months ago #40339 by Matt T
I'm getting ready to convert the leads that came with my Hantek 1008 to banana plug ends which raises a question. Are the stacking plugs Pico puts on the positive useful? I've thought on this some and can't think of anything I'd use the stacking feature for. Can't recall seeing anyone use it in any videos either.

The negatives are obviously useful on a 'scope with isolated channels like the Pico, but more a liability on something like the 1008. Think I'm going to just cut off the clips and insulate the blacks on most of the leads for now. I've already come close to letting the magic smoke out of the 1008 once playing around with a homemade current shunt......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #40389 by Andy.MacFadyen
It is easier and more reliable just to go on ebay and buy BNC to Banana adaptors and a BNC extension cable..
Making home made connections using banana plugs tends not to be reliable better to buy even cheap banana leads ready made off eBay as these have plugs with proper stress relief grommets on the plugs.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
3 years 10 months ago #40392 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic Scope Lead Banana Plugs
No doubt modifying these leads isn't the best long term solution. Just looking to get the existing leads useable without spending any money for right now. FWIW the regular plugs I've got do have strain reliefs and the stacking ones look the same as the ones Pico uses.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #40404 by Andy.MacFadyen
Unreliable test leads throw curved balls so at the start of lockdown to keep me busy I spent about 3 hours checking through all my test leads and junking or repairing as required.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
3 years 10 months ago #40408 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic Scope Lead Banana Plugs
Curveballs or worse. Any test gear that gets to the point it can't be trusted gets fixed or destroyed.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds