Verus or autel lab scope

More
4 years 3 months ago #36385 by Thrashnasty13
I'm needing some insight on which route I should take. I'm leaning towards the snap on route but want other opinions. A little background I run a shop on the side and I'm planning on getting into more drivability diagnostics. I have separate business account that I've been saving to build a shop at my house, I'm about a third of the way there but I'm finding myself wanting/needing a lab scope. In july I bought into the autel maxisys and love it, however I haven't her much good on their scopes. This will be my first lab scope and my ideally I would one day want to have a snap on scope. I've found a few verus wireless and verus pros all for under 2k, I'm partial to one of the verus wireless that I found for 1600 with 17.4 update. So right now do I:

A: buy the autel maxiscope for around $400 new.
Or
B: spend the extra money now for the snap on.

I'm also wondering about the differences in the verus pro and verus wireless. Is the pro really that much different?

Thanks for all replies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #36393 by Matts Auto
Replied by Matts Auto on topic Verus or autel lab scope
i haven't any experience with the autel scope so can't comment on that. i do have a snap on vantage ultra & verus edge. I started with the vantage (2 channel scope) & since upgraded to the verus. they are very capable scopes. if your just looking for a scope on a budget you could start with the vantage as MOST times you don't need more than 2 channels. i kept my vantage after getting the verus for quick heater blower, exterior lighting & simple quick tests. however if affordable to you having the verus also gets you an additional scan tool besides your autel. good luck.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #36408 by Andy.MacFadyen
You can manage just about anything with is 2 channel scope but for complex work it is just a lot of work.
Autel is Hantek hardware and initially they used Hantek software but I understand he software now is very different and improved.
ISTR Eric O at the SMA channel has put up a couple of videos on using one.

I'm not a Snap-on user but the only thing anyone can ever say against them is cost.

If was looking to buy a portable tablet sized scope I think I would also have the Ditex Viso on my list it isn't a Snap-on it hasn't the awesome performance of a Pico Automotive scope but it is a lot of bang for you dollar,

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
4 years 3 months ago #36419 by tspinat
Replied by tspinat on topic Verus or autel lab scope
Hello: I owen two autel and scope.i also owen the snapon verus edge
i feel the snapon edge is a better scope ,sharper and easier. you pay more but get more results
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Andy.MacFadyen

More
4 years 3 months ago #36435 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic Verus or autel lab scope
Only thing is snap on you can’t zoom in on a waveform you can only zoom out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds