Several scope questions

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #35809 by mustang50lx
I have a U-scope and it works okay for what it is but the screen is small. I want to go to a PC based scope. My questions are : What is the best performing Hantek PC based scope? I have read the Hantek leads are good. Can they be used with the Picoscope if I upgrade in the future? Is the least expensive of the Pico automotive scopes worth it? Will any amp clamps work with these scopes? Thanks for the help
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by mustang50lx.
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #35838 by Andy.MacFadyen
Really just avoid Hantek USB scopes the software is truly horrible to work with and most users complain of noise on the trace.

All proper scopes including your uScope, Hantek, Owon, Autel, Sealey, Pico and Snap-On have a 1M ohm input impedance so you can mix and match ignition probes and attenuators. Currently clamps just output voltage and all proper scopes have scales to allow this to show on screen as current even if they don't (unlikely) converting voltage to current is usually just using the X10 proble scale.

If you are looking for a bargain basement USB scope look at the Owon VDS1022i the software is a delight to use and it is engineered using higher spec components than the lower end Hanteks.
It however isn't an automotive scope so although it has scales for X10 and x100 voltage attenuators it lacks an x20 scale this isn't a big deal you can use X10 or x100 with no disadvantage or use x2O and multiply by 2.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
More
4 years 4 months ago #35839 by Andy.MacFadyen
As to Hantek current clamps they work fine but the quality isn't great, you are probably better just buying a generic clamp with a BNC fitting or one with bananna plugs and a banana to USB adaptor that way it will also work with a mult-meter.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 3 months ago #36233 by mustang50lx
Replied by mustang50lx on topic Several scope questions
After much research I decided to just get the Picoscope. The cost is a little tough to swallow, but I don't really want the aggravation of using a lower end scope that acts up or locks up during testing. I read too many reviews of the Hantek usb scopes having problems.
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds