Hantek 1008C what the Manual does not cover

More
4 years 4 months ago #35412 by Batiscafo
Hi, just new to this forum and frustrated with the little/big things that the software and the manual and guide lack.
I am DIY but working in my cars and others for the last 60 years. I think I understand clearly what I want and what the hardware and software I thought could do based on reviews from people that obviously did not cover much of this.

I managed to get a parade of Secondary Ignition on a six cylinder and amazed that a company (I do not know how bug they are) can issue a "Manual that does not cover well their product. Probably a Low Pass filter may be able to help stabilizing things a little more. I read that in this forum.

Right now I am trying to use the "Record" mode to use "Play" and have more time to see details.
I am using 1008C version 1.0.30 and after many hours I cannot get the correct sequence to capture and play. Sometimes I do but sometimes not.
Anyone that has conquered the lack of software friendliness that can show how to manage this?

I am near Austin-Texas and it would be wonderful if I could chat or get some pointers to shorten these very long learning curve
Thank for your time reading this and even more thankful if I can be steered on a direction to progress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35913 by mark.boggess1
Use the Hscope app with an Android device. In my opinion it is much much better then the Hantek SW. You can down load it from the Google store for about $14.

Any questions email me at markboggess992@gmail.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Batiscafo

More
4 years 3 months ago #36286 by Batiscafo
Hi, Happy New Year.
Finally last week I decided that enough is enough and I returned the Hantek 2008A to Amazon.
Shame because is probably very good instrument and if they had common sense and implemented the error corrections reported it was really a good tool for car work, now that I have spent countless hours learning about scopes.
Maybe a real cheap will show up in eBay after being discontinued and I will grab it.
I am in the process of buying a pico 2205A this week.
I found the problem on the 4Runner 1995. 3VZ-E. It is a bad intermittent contact probably at the ECM or firewall trunk connectors.
Will be a PITA to find exactly and correct it !!
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds