Oscilloscope Reviews

More
4 years 8 months ago #31952 by Andy.MacFadyen
This is a thread to post reviews of the scopes you have used.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #32744 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Oscilloscope Reviews
Owon VDS1022i (NB VDS1022i not the cheaper VDS1022 which lacks USB isolation protection for your PC)

This is probably the cheapest 2 Chanel virtual USB scope you can buy that isn't a piece of junk. I have other scopes but bought the VDS1022i because I wanted a scope to use with a laptop for easier capture to jpg format. For less than 100$/£90/90 Euro from Amazon this a greart bit of kit. A bit of research on the web shows unlike Hantek the hardware actually come somewhere close to what the manufacturer claims and that both channels are processed separately so using both channels dosen't half the bandwith. The manufacturer claims 25mMz performance and tester have shown that while this is optimistic it will display a 24mHz signal but with about 40% attenuation it is certainly well above anything currently needed for automotive work.

The windows interface is superior to any other I have used --- night and day compared to Hantek's awkward nightmare and for a newbe much easier to get to grips with than Pico. The software works with touch screens and has easy to remember keyboard shortcuts.
It lacks automotive presets but even for a newbie that isn't a big deal it also lacks an x20 attenuator scale setting again not a major issue.

This is the screenshot capture is the capture using the VDS1022i from a Bosch analogue hot bead MAF test on a Turbo Diesel ---- NB very different characteristic from a gasoline engine

This is my known good captured with a much more expensive Owon scope.

Link to guided test at Pico Automotive.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, chisel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds