Is there any tool buying anonymous?

More
5 years 1 day ago #28768 by JarheadDiagnostics
Well all, I took the step last week and joined the Pico family. The guys from Autonerdz were very helpful. Looking forward to getting behind the wheel on this one, as it’s different than the Kia/Hyundai factory scope.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 day ago #28772 by ScannerDanner
Nice kit!

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JarheadDiagnostics

More
5 years 21 hours ago #28799 by Chad
Hi, my name is Chad. I am an addict, too. Today, I bought an Apollo D8 (my Verus has taken ill, and is in the Hospital). :(

Also, today, my First Look Sensor arrived. :)

Yesterday, I ordered one of these:

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Attachments:

More
5 years 5 hours ago #28817 by JarheadDiagnostics
Group please say it with. "Hi Chad".

More
4 years 11 months ago #28821 by Dylan
That looks like a flash drive :)

pole71 wrote: Hi, my name is Chad. I am an addict, too. Today, I bought an Apollo D8 (my Verus has taken ill, and is in the Hospital). :(

Also, today, my First Look Sensor arrived. :)

Yesterday, I ordered one of these:

More
4 years 11 months ago #28824 by Chad
It is. It contains access to AutoNerdz Pico Scope training. I have just started watching, and I can, already, tell it was money well spent.

More
4 years 11 months ago #28833 by Dylan

pole71 wrote: It is. It contains access to AutoNerdz Pico Scope training. I have just started watching, and I can, already, tell it was money well spent.

Oh that's nice! Didn't know it came with a flash drive for training. Does it also cover in cylinder pressure waveforms?

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #28834 by Chad

Dylan wrote:

pole71 wrote: It is. It contains access to AutoNerdz Pico Scope training. I have just started watching, and I can, already, tell it was money well spent.

Oh that's nice! Didn't know it came with a flash drive for training. Does it also cover in cylinder pressure waveforms?

The Training is from www.AutoNerdz.com . If you by a Pico Scope Kit FROM THEM, they include the best Training and Support available, for Life, for FREE. If you purchased your Pico Scope from somewhere else, or did not buy a KIT, You can purchase the Support and Training for $1300/year, which includes the USB drive and, UN-rivaled (so I hear), 24/7 support. They will, even, connect to your PC and help you with LIVE troubleshooting. www.autonerdz.com/training.html

I learned about AutoNerdz after I purchased my Pico Scope from AESwave. I purchased the USB drive w/access to the training videos for $600. I am considering purchasing the REST of the support package.

As for In-Cylinder Pressure, I'm not sure if that will be covered, or not. But, John Thornton has a very good video.
aviondemand.com/shop/service-centers/lbt...-with-john-thornton/

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Chad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dylan

More
4 years 11 months ago #28835 by Dylan
Thanks for the feedback Chad. I've heard some good things from AutoNerdz. Always nice to hear someone confirm that.
I have the DVDs from John Thornton. Awesome material. That guy is a legend.

More
4 years 11 months ago #28907 by Tyler

pole71 wrote: Hi, my name is Chad. I am an addict, too. Today, I bought an Apollo D8 (my Verus has taken ill, and is in the Hospital).

Tell me more! :woohoo: About the Apollo AND the Verus. My Modis is getting old, so I'm thinking it's time to move on. Was the Apollo a worthwhile upgrade?

Also, today, my First Look Sensor arrived.

*drools* Again, worthwhile? I've been having fun with my homebrew FLS, but I know the real deal is more sensitive. B)

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #28912 by Chad
I can't say much about the Apollo, yet. I just bought it off of the Truck Wednesday. My dealer had a problem updating/activating it. I didn't actually get a working scanner until late Friday evening. The "Intelligent Diagnostics" won't be activated until Monday. I'll give you my opinion on that, when I have one.

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/diagnostic-t...apollo-d8.html#29378

As for the Verus, my opinion has changed with my needs. The only thing the Verus has over the Modis is the WiFi/networking capabilities. That is the thing I love the most about the Verus. I, no longer, want a Scope/Scanner combo (although, I WOULD like to upgrade to the Verus Edge). In addition to the Verus, I have a Pico Scope, a Vantage ultra, and a Uscope. I have a roll-around with a mounted monitor and a Laptop. I leave the Verus on a little shelf on the wall, and that is where it stays. I use Windows Remote Desktop Connection to login to the Verus from the laptop. The Verus, rarely, leaves it's shelf. Print vehicle reports/code scans, via wifi printer. Any data movies, or waveforms, that have been recorded can be accessed by Shop Stream Connect, via WiFi, at my desktop computer in the office/breakroom. I can watch and monitor PIDS on a car, that is out in the cold bay, from the comfort and warmth of the office/breakroom. The WiFi MAKES the Verus. The downside, being Windows XP Based (the Verus Edge is Widows 7) It is VERY slow to boot. You have to wait for Windows to boot, THEN you have to wait, even longer, for the Diagnostics Suite to load. (The Apollo is ready to go in less than 3 seconds from pushing the power button).

I've been having fun with my homebrew FLS, but I know the real deal is more sensitive.

I was surprised at how much voltage this this can produce! The first thing I tried it on was an 1100 cc Yamaha. I set the Vantage Ultra to a 2 volt scale. I though this would be plenty. WAY WRONG! I had to go to a 50 volt scale! The exhaust was producing pulses of 30+volts. Once I got it dialed in, they were beautiful. I'll post some pics, tomorrow. Placing it into various, less aggressive, exhaust pipes did not require such a high voltage scale. Scaling seems to be pretty dynamic from engine to engine.

More
4 years 11 months ago #28955 by Chad

pole71 wrote: I'll post some pics, tomorrow.

Idle

Snap Throttle

Attachments:

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #29455 by Chad
:S I can quit, anytime I want to! :woohoo: :pinch: :whistle:

Attachments:

More
4 years 1 month ago #38228 by ronald316
i need to go there i have launch x431 snapon zeus gm tech 2 bmw istap ford rotunda and so on can t stop lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds