ScannerDanner Premium Customer Support (15 Mar 2019)

Please add This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. as a contact in your email system. I am having a very hard time communicating with some of you because my reply messages are ending up in your spam folder! So please check your spam folders too!

Hantek Handheld 2000 Series 2C42, 2C72, 2D42, 2D72, 2D82Auto

• Nismog
  • Topic Author
More
12 Apr 2019 09:19 #28622 by Nismog
So I'm just a DIY'er looking to get a handheld oscilloscope to play around with. My budget is under $300. Wondering if any of you guys have experience with the Hantek handheld oscilloscope models listed in title. Which one would be a good scope to get?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2019 07:58 #28742 by bbarry
I have been using the 2D42 as you only really need about 1Mhz bandwidth. That's plenty fast enough to view the CANbus. I chose it because of the sample rate.

250MSa/s samples on a single channel and that drops to 125MSa/s if you turn on the 2nd channel. At 40MHz this is acceptable but at 70MHz and 80MHz with the 2D72 and 2d82auto it is marginal.

You also would want the "D" model for the arbitrary waveform generator. You can use it to substitute signals to the pcm. The 2d82auto is nice as it has pre-programmed setup menus for testing automotive components. The 80MHz of the 2d82auto is overkill and not necessary but true to Chinese fashion that bigger is better. I didn't feel the 2d82auto was worth the extra cost. You can do everything with the 2D42 that the 2d82auto can do.

Hope this helps.

btw, I have been using a Hantek 1008C 8Ch Auto Scope for years. Much better value then the picoscope but the software is not as refined. Not knocking the pico as it is a great scope but it is overpriced for what you get.

• Andy.MacFadyen
  • Away
More
17 Apr 2019 15:04 #28786 by Andy.MacFadyen
Be aware Hantek hardware quality is shall we say 'variable".
As with most Chinese oscilloscopes the speed is overclaimed divofe it by 4 .

"There's always a catch ---- Catch OBD2 ."

• Andy.MacFadyen
  • Away
More
17 Apr 2019 15:18 #28787 by Andy.MacFadyen
Be aware Hantek hardware quality is shall we say 'variable".
As with most Chinese oscilloscopes the speed is overclaimed divide it by 4 .

"There's always a catch ---- Catch OBD2 ."

More
23 Apr 2019 10:22 - 23 Apr 2019 10:24 #28937 by bbarry
That may be true. I run into that on lipo battery capacity, never seems to be the stated capacity. I did check this unit thoroughly when I received it and could not be happier with its performance. Here is a pic of the scope with 40Mhz signal input from a HP generator.

More then adequate for automotive testing.

Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Apr 2019 10:24 by bbarry.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.607 seconds