Hantek Handheld 2000 Series 2C42, 2C72, 2D42, 2D72, 2D82Auto

More
4 years 11 months ago #28622 by Nismog
So I'm just a DIY'er looking to get a handheld oscilloscope to play around with. My budget is under $300. Wondering if any of you guys have experience with the Hantek handheld oscilloscope models listed in title. Which one would be a good scope to get?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #28742 by bbarry
I have been using the 2D42 as you only really need about 1Mhz bandwidth. That's plenty fast enough to view the CANbus. I chose it because of the sample rate.

250MSa/s samples on a single channel and that drops to 125MSa/s if you turn on the 2nd channel. At 40MHz this is acceptable but at 70MHz and 80MHz with the 2D72 and 2d82auto it is marginal.

You also would want the "D" model for the arbitrary waveform generator. You can use it to substitute signals to the pcm. The 2d82auto is nice as it has pre-programmed setup menus for testing automotive components. The 80MHz of the 2d82auto is overkill and not necessary but true to Chinese fashion that bigger is better. I didn't feel the 2d82auto was worth the extra cost. You can do everything with the 2D42 that the 2d82auto can do.

Hope this helps.

btw, I have been using a Hantek 1008C 8Ch Auto Scope for years. Much better value then the picoscope but the software is not as refined. Not knocking the pico as it is a great scope but it is overpriced for what you get.

More
4 years 11 months ago #28786 by Andy.MacFadyen
Be aware Hantek hardware quality is shall we say 'variable".
As with most Chinese oscilloscopes the speed is overclaimed divofe it by 4 .

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 11 months ago #28787 by Andy.MacFadyen
Be aware Hantek hardware quality is shall we say 'variable".
As with most Chinese oscilloscopes the speed is overclaimed divide it by 4 .

The following user(s) said Thank You: chisel

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #28937 by bbarry
That may be true. I run into that on lipo battery capacity, never seems to be the stated capacity. I did check this unit thoroughly when I received it and could not be happier with its performance. Here is a pic of the scope with 40Mhz signal input from a HP generator.

More then adequate for automotive testing.

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by bbarry.

More
4 years 3 months ago #36026 by Giannisrd
I'm also looking forward buying the 2D82 Auto especially for the pre determined settings for each test that you would like to do on the car,so saving a lot of time there and make it's use a lot more fun.
Hantek seems quite descent in general as a company,have seen handheld scopes comparison of Hantek and Fluke (which cost maybe 10-15 times of the Hantek) and the Hantek scope had nothing to be jealous of.

More
4 years 2 months ago #36802 by christianvaltanen

Giannisrd wrote: I'm also looking forward buying the 2D82 Auto especially for the pre determined settings for each test that you would like to do on the car,so saving a lot of time there and make it's use a lot more fun.
Hantek seems quite descent in general as a company,have seen handheld scopes comparison of Hantek and Fluke (which cost maybe 10-15 times of the Hantek) and the Hantek scope had nothing to be jealous of.

I have owned 2D82Auto for 9 months and just started learning how to use it. I like it but I need to know how to connect probes and where to put them. I am using it for scooter repairs. Just ordered clamps to test more different things.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #36817 by Giannisrd
Looking forward for your impressions,i think that each lead has two wires,the black one goes to a ground i suppose and the other to the think that you want to test.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Giannisrd.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #36883 by Andy.MacFadyen
On the Hantek scopes the connections are BNC co-ax, The outer conductor on the BNC is ground. On nearly every multi channel scope you are likely to encounter the ground is common ie shared between channels, this has both advantages and disadvantages the adavantage is you only require one ground connection which is normally connected to a block or chassis ground .the disadavantage is you he take care with ground connections or you could burn out the input side of the scope.

Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
3 years 11 months ago #39260 by Giannisrd
I recently recevied the Hantek 2d82 auto and just learning how to use it cause every tool do the work in it's own way especially when we talk about budget ones.
The pre determined options for checking senors etc is very helpful especially in the begining,the only think it does is adjusting the voltage and the time so as to have a good reading so very helpful most of the time.
One thing i definately don't like is it's small buffer time especially when using both channels.For example when i did cam and crank i barely had one full rotation of the crank.
It allows you to save 6 different waveforms, to recall them, and write over them again,also it allows you to save 2 waveforms as a reference for comparison but you must have the time and voltage levels the same in order for the comparisson to be of some value(it isn't very helpful as the ref waveform is kind of shadowish and can't see very well)
You can connect it will the pc while taking measurments and use it as pc based scope but the commuication is quite poor,also if you want to save waveforms to the pc you must use the scope connected with the pc while measuring,you can't just save the waveform in the scope and after that copy it to the pc,which is something i would like to be able to do.
I think for and entry level scope is worth giving it a try,to see how things work and decide what to look for if you decide to upgrade in the future.
I was able to see that my #2 cylinder had poor compression while looking at secondary ignition waveform as the fire voltage was quite low compraring with the rest of the cylinders.

More
3 years 11 months ago #39262 by Andy.MacFadyen
Your Hantek uses one converter to process both channels so when using both channels the the performance is cut in half.
This also true for any other Hantek scopes I have looked at --- in the case of the very low cost 1008 models it is shared between 8 channels :-( This is one of the reasons I regard the bargain basement Owon VDS1022i USB scope as better the Hantek 6022be or 1008

If you are checking compression using the secondary voltage you have to keep in mind that both spark plug gap and fuel air ratio have a very big effect, a cranking compression test by either current or voltage methods is a more reliable indicator.

More
3 years 11 months ago #39263 by Giannisrd
I'm still waiting for the amp clamps to arrive and i'll do this test,however the injectors seem to be right.,when checked.
I have an idle misfire only,no hesitation no lack of power and i suspect a valve and/or vlave guide issue.
I knew that when using both channels the sample rate get cut in half but ok i think i'll get used to it,for the price it's good and the rest of the leads seem decent so won't spend extra money again,just buying a new scope sometime in the future.
Now a scan tool gets in the pipeline with Launch x431 V+ to be the more favorable.Also autel ms906bt but launch is newer with better processor and android version 2 year updates and 5 year warranty.

Time to create page: 0.772 seconds