ScannerDanner Premium Customer Support (15 Mar 2019)

Please add This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. as a contact in your email system. I am having a very hard time communicating with some of you because my reply messages are ending up in your spam folder! So please check your spam folders too!

Laptop on a budget

• sgtdills
  • Topic Author
More
12 Apr 2019 07:07 #28616 by sgtdills
Laptop on a budget was created by sgtdills
I ordered the Standard Kit from autonerdz this week, with the 4425 scope. My question is what is everyone using computer wise to run the scope? I'm ballin on a budget and with it being used in the shop I wouldn't want to use a high dollar computer. Any input would be awesome, thanks in advance everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pole71
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I am not a parts changer.
More
12 Apr 2019 17:20 #28631 by pole71
Replied by pole71 on topic Laptop on a budget
Any PC / Laptop built for windows 7, or later, will work just fine. The system requirements for the software are minimal.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

More
13 Apr 2019 06:21 - 13 Apr 2019 06:24 #28637 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Laptop on a budget
HP or Asus or Acer or Lenovo do some very decent Notebooks and laptops at a very good price. I currently use an HP Stream 4GB with a Celeron Processor and a very big hard disk

Look for a decent sized hard disc --- not a small hard disc + cloud storage thisis especially important as Windows 10 eats hard disk space for backups and hard disks are now usually soldered to the motherboard and cant be upgraded. I would regard a 64gb SSD hard disk as a minimum.
Don't go for a large screen size as you will want to use inside the car.
For working outside you might also want to extend your internet wifi --- I use networking over mains wifi access point.

"It is the nature of every person to error, but only the fool perseveres in error." Marcus Tullius Cicero
Read more at: www.brainyquote.com/authors/marcus_tullius_cicero

Last edit: 13 Apr 2019 06:24 by Andy.MacFadyen.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.518 seconds