three pressure transducers at the same time?

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #28155 by tloftis
i am building a couple of transducers but I am not sure how many I can hook up to my modis. I just read an article where they hooked up three at one time. can this be done on a modis?

this is what I read:

Pressure transducers allow the technician to see the inner working of the internal combustion engine without disassembly. In order to check the spark ignition internal combustion engine, three pressure transducers are used; one in the cylinder, one in the intake, and one in the exhaust. To place the one in the cylinder; remove the spark plug from the cylinder head (be sure to ground the spark), then install a compression test hose with the one way check valve removed, and place a 300 psi transducer on the compression hose. The -30 Hg vacuum transducer on the intake manifold will be centrally located on the vacuum port close to the throttle body. Place the exhaust 25 inch/H20 transducer hose in the end of the tailpipe. With these transducers in place, the engine will be operated in three different modes; crank no start, idle, snap throttle and each of these engine operating conditions will produce different pressure waveforms on the oscilloscope and will use different techniques to diagnose them with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #28156 by Andy.MacFadyen
Little point, inlet manifold and exhaust pulses are usually looked with a simple "first look" transducer which is a pulse transducer works on the piezoelectric effect, this quick and simple test to do although sometimes difficult to interpret. Piezo transducers don't require external power. Normally when diagnosing with this type of the sensor you are looking for misfit pulses when looking at a parade of pulses.

In-cylinder pressure testing uses a powered pressure sensor. With this test you look for odd features in one particular cylinder compression pattern which you have already determined is below par.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds