Autel MP408 Scope

More
5 years 1 month ago #26859 by BLEE
Autel MP408 Scope was created by BLEE
Hello, I have the MP408 oscilloscope and it seems to work fine for what I do now. My question is does anyone know is there a way to turn off peak detect or reduce the sampling size in this scope? The only thing I can seem to change is the time base & apply a low pass filter, but still seem to have a bunch of hash depending on what I am scoping. Also, I wish this scope and a way to check resistance (ohms) as well. Maybe one day Autel will update this...

Thank you for any help.

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #26864 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Autel MP408 Scope
Looking through the manual as far as I can see there are no menu acquisition options. Are you using the latest software ? ISTR excess signal noise was an issue reported quite widely when these scopes first came on to the market.

One thing that may also help is to make 100% sure unused channels are switched off and ground the channels you are using as close as possible to where your probe wire is connected, into the signal ground if possible.

As a rule oscilloscopes don't have a way to measure resistance, they don't even make particularly accurate voltmeters, they are design to show high speed changes in voltage. A typical digital mulitmeter has an input resistance of 10 million ohms, but oscilloscopes so they can use standard accessories such as attenuators are standardised at 1 million ohms input resistance.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BLEE

More
5 years 1 month ago #26865 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Autel MP408 Scope
The more I look at the MP408 and the software I am forming the impression it may be designed by Hantek

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler, BLEE

More
5 years 1 month ago #26879 by BLEE
Replied by BLEE on topic Autel MP408 Scope
I do have the latest software update. Thank you for the information. I would imagine that Autel hopefully keeps making updates to their software to keep making it better. Thanks again for the information.

Brian

More
5 years 1 month ago #26880 by BLEE
Replied by BLEE on topic Autel MP408 Scope
Yeah it does seem that the software is like Hanktek as far as I can tell from some of the stuff I have been researching.

Brian

More
3 years 4 months ago #44523 by jmo801
Replied by jmo801 on topic Autel MP408 Scope
Upgrading to pico 4425 from the mp408. Does anyone see any issues with using the test leads from mp408 with the pico?
Thanks

More
1 year 7 months ago #57780 by minelabbob
Replied by minelabbob on topic Autel MP408 Scope
i use mp408 and as far is i can tell leads work fine. dont have much issues with
a lot of noise with MP408 ,but i use my pc most of the time. i hook up ground to
battery and try to keep wires away from other noisy engine alternator.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds