Entry Level/Budget 2 Channel Scope?

More
5 years 3 months ago #25671 by haze5736
I've been searching the web for days trying to find an entry level 2 channel scope that I can afford. I'm looking for a hand held unit as I don't want to also invest in a laptop since I don't already have one. Does anything exist in the sub $500 price range? I like the uScope but it is only 1 channel. I would really like to be able to do the relative compression test on 1 channel and the coil firing event on the 2nd channel to identify a low compression cylinder. So many of the scope videos I've seen have used 2 channels. I feel like I would be limited with a single channel and would want to upgrade very quickly. I don't want to spend a couple hundred dollars on a single channel unit only to spend over $500 again within a year. Any thoughts or suggestions?
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #25672 by dkggpeters
Look for a used Vantage Pro on Ebay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevinedward1234, aboudi.naddaf

More
5 years 3 months ago #25895 by kevinedward1234
Yes, a vantage pro is a very nice scope, has lots of information, guided component tests.

More
5 years 3 months ago #26404 by GypsyR
My first "entry level scope" was a used and rather abused old Modis I ran across in a pawn shop for $400. Four channels and LOTS of built-in help on how to get the most out of the scope features. I actually still have it and use it at home sometimes. Also it's a code reader. Mine goes up to 2009 I think but I don't really use it to read codes much.

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds