Which pico scope do I buy without breaking the bank?!

More
5 years 5 months ago #24205 by Wood
Disclaimer: I read through some of the old posts to see if this question had been asked already, sorry if this is redundant.

I'm fairly new to the automotive industry but I've spent a lot of time reading different material, Paul's ebook being one of them, and electrical diagnostics is something I really want to be good at. What pico scope gives you the best bang for your buck? I can't afford something with all the bells and whistles but I'm willing to pay a little more for something that isn't going to leave me needing more. I've read a couple posts on here of guys buying the 2000 series, to which my understanding is that they are not designed for automotive use? Is that right? Can you get away with using a 2000 series or is your money best spent elsewhere?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #24235 by EricGoodrich
Save up and buy the standard 4 channel automotive Pico scope. The 4425 I think? Buy once cry once. It'll last a lifetime and it's worth every penny. If you're on a budget, buy the minimal kit that just has the leads. Then buy the extras on Amazon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevinedward1234, Wood

More
5 years 5 months ago #24236 by Wood
Thank you, I think that's some pretty solid advice. I appreciate it

More
5 years 5 months ago #24269 by Andy.MacFadyen
The 4425 is a truly awesome bit of kit 10 times better than any of the rest but remember even a 60$ no brand Asian scope is 1000 times better than no scope.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
5 years 5 months ago #24275 by Wood
Good point, maybe I'll pick up a single channel uscope for now just to get my feet wet.

More
5 years 5 months ago #24297 by jbrewton9591
4425 like everyone else said. I think you will need at least 2 channels to get your feet wet in my opinion. An amp clamp looking at parade injector wave form with sync probe on a single injector is what I though about when looking at the uscope as my first scope. Dicided to save a few months and with the 4425.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

More
5 years 3 months ago #25897 by kevinedward1234
Buy the Pico 4425 or buy a used verus or vantage pro.

More
5 years 3 months ago #25909 by Andy.MacFadyen
Have a look here Autoditex they have a US agent

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds