Picoscope 2405A 4 channel 25Mhz

More
6 years 1 month ago #18894 by SailorBob
After my debacle with the Hantek 6074BE it'll be a while before I shell out for another scope, but when I do I'm strongly considering the Pico 2405A. It's on amazon for $429: www.amazon.com/dp/B01H5O824Y/?coliid=I34...ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

and it has good specs: www.picotech.com/oscilloscope/2000/picos...-2000-specifications

Anyone tried it out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #19003 by kona
For use in automotive diagnostics 2405A not the best choice.
Do not make this choice - you will regret it.
There are many arguments.
Only two times more expensive and you have 4425 PP919 Scope Only (without cables).
All this In my humble opinion.

More
6 years 1 month ago #19025 by SailorBob
Could you explain why? As far as the hardware specs go, the 2405A seems more than sufficient.

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #19083 by kona
Hi,
There is a lot of information on this subject.
Short advantages:
- access and use in the work of the library of wave patterns of signals (a huge advantage);
- availability and use of scripts and additional programs for analysis;
- channels security;
- technical characteristics;
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by kona.

More
3 years 9 months ago #40777 by Dtapia63
Hello, hello, would you be so kind to share a little more about your experience with the Hantek oscilliscope please. Thank you.

More
3 years 9 months ago #40778 by Paul P.
Go for it Sailor Bob, all I use is a 2406B for automotive diag.

It can be worked for use with Pico 6 Automotive software.

All my Hantek Current Clamps can be made into custom probes with proper ranging.

I use Hantek 20:1 Attenuation when required. Have not fried my scope, remember the true overvoltage is really 100v on these, They say 20v in the specs I believe, but surely they are not gonna design a product to fry at 21 volts. Safety factors are used.

If input voltage bothers you, just look at the spec of the 8 CH Auto Pico, all of a sudden Pico says it's ok not to have a high input voltage for Automotive use, so let's use 10:1 attenuation!

Where these little guys will lack is MEMORY!!!!!!, and the ability to up the sample rate when on slow times bases.

The Pico software is second to none. This is an excellent taste of what you can do:

www.picoauto.com/library/training

I have quite a few posts with some guides on this site, that would be very worth your while to check out to maximise your 'smaller' Pico

Have Fun!

Paul

Never stop Learning.

More
3 years 9 months ago #40779 by Matt T

Weycraze wrote: Where these little guys will lack is MEMORY!!!!!!, and the ability to up the sample rate when on slow times bases.l

And there's a big jump in memory between the 48k 2405 and the 32M 2406. If I was going with a 2000 series 'scope I'd definitely pay extra for the larger buffer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul P.

More
3 years 9 months ago #40792 by Paul P.
Matt T

Thanks for checking that about the memory, that is a very big difference!!!!

Seems to me I remember that in the specs, that's why I opted for the 2406B.

Never stop Learning.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46621 by Zenyattus
Hi!
I know this might be a bit outdated, but just for clearance.
Those advantages that you were talking about are advantages of the 4425 scope?

I'd be very happy for your reply. I am currently looking to buy a scope for automotive diagnostics, but with all the options it's hugely overwhelming. So far i have come to a conclusion that i will be the 2405A but this post has put me in dead end again. :D

More
3 years 2 months ago #46622 by Zenyattus
Hi!
I know this might be a bit outdated, but just for clearance.
Those advantages that you were talking about are advantages of the 4425 scope?

I'd be very happy for your reply. I am currently looking to buy a scope for automotive diagnostics, but with all the options it's hugely overwhelming. So far i have come to a conclusion that i will be the 2405A but this post has put me in dead end again. :D

Thanks in advance for any help.

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds