Taking waveforms to daughters science class at school and need ideas, help, etc

More
6 years 1 month ago #18447 by Dtnel
Being new to waveforms and the like I need some recommended ideas of things to take to a school and demonstrate a waveform for 8th Grade students in my daughters 8th Grade classes. The teacher applied for grants this year for equipment as she does every year but she didn't get any and didn't receive any for this year.

I brought the idea of having a waveform demonstration with the class that turned into a half day deal because the classes she has are all in the morning.

Being I brought the idea up she asked me to come up with some ideas for waveforms but I got thinking all of my experience has been hands on with a vehicle so I'm looking for alternative ideas even if it's a tutorial that you can link me to on the internet.

I want to be able to show the kids that electrical devices such as sensors, etc have a signature waveform and how the waveform isn't the same if the part is bad for example. Can't bring a car to a school classroom and it's to cold to be outside.

I did hit my local snap on dealer up to borrow his waveform demonstration board to show the kids a couple things but I'd love to integrate the things such as timebase and such which to be honest I'm still learning as I use the guided component testing.

I have access to a Picoscope, Uscope, a Hantek unopened scope I bought over a year ago and a Snap On Zeus scope on the scan tool.

I figured if anyone could help me with some great ideas it would be the people of this online community.

I do thank anyone in advance for any resources you can link me to, ideas you suggest. With the Scopes mentioned I do know I'll have to keep it to automotive stuff since this is the voltages and such the mentioned scopes are created for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds