Hantek vs compition for use on gt80+

More
6 years 2 months ago #17886 by Shauns_auto_repairs
Hi,
I'm looking for some advise here in the UK...I have as a scanner a FOXWELL GT80+ and was looking to get a scope to link with it or use on a pc as you would a pico (which is to expensive for me at the moment). FOXWELL list a four channel scope OS100 for £495 which is a rebranded HANTEK 6074 i believe which you can pick up for aprox £150 which includes leads,probes etc. They both use identical software.
Is this a reasonable scope to purchase. Id like to hear from someone that has actualy used or owned one. Video's on youtube etc show some in operation but don't realy tell you what they are like to use and how friendly or glitch the software is to use ...
Do i buy cheap or save and buy a pico... I have the free pico software which i like in demo mode. I don't want to waste my money.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17902 by Andy.MacFadyen
Hantek software is a frustrating fiddle to use worse with a touch screen, Hantek don't seem interested in software development or dealing with user problems. The quality control of their accessories is hit or miss, but it is a lot of bang for your buck.
If you do buy buy from Amazon Prime that way you can return it if you get a dud.
For automotive work you would need to add a few accessories, but you can find these on eBay.
Personally I would suggest you look at the Auto-Ditex range sold in the UK by Scantool Direct.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
6 years 2 months ago #17916 by Shauns_auto_repairs
great.. Thanks for that... I will check out those links...

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds