Hantek 1008c is making me crazy

More
6 years 4 months ago #15859 by SailorBob
I've been having strange problems with my Hantek 1008c software. Sometimes the horizontal controls ( among other things ) are grayed out. Basically, whatever horizontal mode I'm in ( rolling, scan or normal ) I get stuck in and it gets unstuck for no apparent reason. I've tried restarting the software, disconnecting the scope, rebooting the computer and nothing definitive helps. I wasted an hour and a half messing with it this morning and I'm pulling my hair out. I'm running the latest version of the software, downloaded straight from their site, 1.0.12 from Dec. 13th 2016.

Any ideas what I can do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15864 by arbez
I don't have that specific Hantek scope, I have the DSO-3064.

I would try uninstalling, then reinstalling the software. Make sure you install the scope drivers before you install the software. If that doesn't work, try an older version of the software.

Let us know how it goes.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15919 by SailorBob
There are three configuration files in the Hantek program files directory. I deleted them ( with the program off of course ) and after that it seemed to be behaving better. It auto-generated new config files with factory settings after that. I setup the way I wanted and saved a copy of the config files.

More
6 years 4 months ago #15921 by arbez
Glad it's working again. The Hantek software has a lot of room for improvement. I really believe if they would spend some time on their software, they would have many more customers. My DSO-3064 hasn't had a software update in years.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #15922 by Andy.MacFadyen
It actually sounds more like USB issue cable or the actual hardware sockets.
Hantek software is awkward and slow to work with, trouble is the software most of the Chinese are equally bad, I use an Owon as my main scope the when I use it connected by USB or use it work with stored files on a PC some of the functions don't work.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds