Question about relative compression scope settings

More
6 years 5 months ago #15360 by johnathon.balderas
Was trying to setup my Uscope for a relative compression test. Had alot of trouble getting a clear picture. I tried my modis recently and also had trouble getting a clear picture. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #15366 by Ncautoshop

johnathon.balderas wrote: Was trying to setup my Uscope for a relative compression test. Had alot of trouble getting a clear picture. I tried my modis recently and also had trouble getting a clear picture. Any suggestions would be appreciated

What settings were you using? Are you using voltage or an amp clamp? What amp clamp is it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

More
6 years 5 months ago #15378 by Andy.MacFadyen
If I get a chance at the weekend I will try and grab a relative compression with my DSO Nano (which is the same hardware as the uScope) and note the settings although it wouldn't be my tool of choice for the task.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: D_nn1s

More
6 years 5 months ago #15401 by johnathon.balderas
Amp clamp it's an AesWave branded one. Had it on the 20 amp scale

More
6 years 5 months ago #15418 by Tyler
I have a uScope and the AESwave clamp, I'll have a look tomorrow. ;-)

More
6 years 5 months ago #15421 by EricGoodrich
I've always used a higher amp setting for relative compression. I use a 650A clamp @ 1mv=1A. Starters tend to draw quite a bit of current. I'm using a Picoscope but as long as you're setting things up to expect as much as 1,000A you should be ok.

More
6 years 5 months ago #15463 by Dylan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #15602 by MuhammadAli89
Yes 1000Amps setting is pretty ok for Relative Compression.
Low Amp Probe; 60Amp (10mV/1A) can be used with 20:1 Attenuator? or will have to use High Amp Probe; 1000Amps?
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by MuhammadAli89. Reason: wanted to write 1000; thought wrote 100

More
6 years 5 months ago #15649 by EricGoodrich

MuhammadAli89 wrote: Yes 1000Amps setting is pretty ok for Relative Compression.
Low Amp Probe; 60Amp (10mV/1A) can be used with 20:1 Attenuator? or will have to use High Amp Probe; 1000Amps?

I use a 650A clamp for relative compression testing. My 80A clamp is too small to fit around the battery cables, usually. I have not tried using it for high amp testing.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds