Verus how to save oscilloscope file

More
1 month 6 days ago #64993 by River basin
Hi and thanks for looking at my question.  Struggling with use issues on a Snapon Verus D10.  It has software update through 2018. After I get a diagnostic file created on the scope, I try to open file save tool and create the file. Later, as I try to sit down and analyze what isn't making sense, I see the saved .GSM file.  But nothing opens that is a video file.  I saved a couple files on this COP analysis against my no. 1 cylinder.

I am trying to see misfires against the amperage off the 30A circuit that has the COP fire.  vehicle is a '02 Ford E350 with 5 4L 

The question is about the quirky nature of Verus, and if this is a memory problem, or a file type mistake?

I will be thinking about my next scope.  Waste a LOT of time working with this tool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 month 6 days ago #65000 by Noah
Shop stream connect is the software that will open the .vsm files on a computer for viewing.
Sometimes my Verus will put the scope viewer window off screen when I try to go back to my captures.
There's a way to get it back on the screen. I think right clicking the tool bar, chose view active tabs and cascade all tabs (or something like that) will bring everything onto the windows home page.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 month 5 days ago #65033 by River basin
OK, took some fumbling but I did figure that out.    I was hoping to share a .gsm scope file on here, but don't see that as an acceptable extension.  Anyone tell me a way to do that?  Maybe link it to outside location?  

More
1 month 5 days ago #65034 by River basin
This is a COP fire on green and no.1 on yellow.  I know it doesn't look right.  Maybe someone can tell me something to change. I have the amp clamp on 1 volt.  I should see 8 pronounced fire spikes on that green pattern.   The vehicle type is a 02  Ford E350 with a 5.4 Triton.  I am on the fuse block (passenger) on the 30 A that is suppossed to be for the COP  on this vehicle.  The fuse block is different than a F150 of same period.  

• Noah
More
1 month 4 days ago #65038 by Noah
You can take a screen shot of the part of the waveform you want to show and insert it as a JPG or PNG. You could also put the 
​​​.vsm in Google Drive and share link here, then anyone with Shop Stream software can open and manipulate the entire waveform.

More
4 weeks 9 hours ago #65157 by River basin
Have a successful test, but engine ran decent. May need to repeat on a fully hot 30 mile drive. This screen image happened on my problem cylinders with the misfire. What does that downward spike tell you?
Attachments:

• Noah
More
4 weeks 7 hours ago #65158 by Noah
Just looks like ignition related noise to me, not an indication of a fault.
They always happen right when the ramp stops, that's right when the spark takes place, so at least to me, it seems logical that you might pick up some noise in that portion of the waveform.

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds