Digital Multimeter/Oscilloscope instead of Picoscope?

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64110 by JRussell
Would a digital oscilloscope like the one featured below work for checking sensor signals.  I'm trying to find a cheaper option to buying a Picoscope or expensive scan tool since I'm just a backyard guy working on my own vehicles.  Thanks!

Jim

www.amazon.ca/HANMATEK-Oscilloscope-HO52...37ec7868389995d&th=1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64126 by Noah
The link prompted me to change my country, so I backed out. Many people here use Hantek scopes, most eventually grow out of them and want for more capabilities.
The pocket U-Scope from AES Wave seems to be the go to cheap, dependable user friendly run and gun scope.
I don't have one, but it seems like everyone else does, lol.
www.aeswave.com/scannerdanner

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64129 by JRussell

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #64136 by Tyler
I haven't used that specific Hanmatek model that you linked, but I do own an Owon HDS272 that has very similar qualities and capabilities:

www.amazon.ca/dp/B09WRBMPBW/?th=1

It's a very nice tool overall, but I ended up putting it aside for daily use. As a multimeter, it's a bit bulky and overpriced. As a scope, it's clunky and frustrating to use. Together, they didn't add up to what I wanted it to.

Like Noah said, I think the uScope makes for a much better introductory scope option, especially considering the support and accessories available. Jarhead Diagnostics make a slick add-on 3D printed case:

www.jarheaddiag.com/shop/p/uscopecase

More
3 months 1 week ago #64198 by juergen.scholl
Late to the party....

You may consider the picoscope 2204a or 2205a version. Though originally not designed for automotive these 2 channel scopes will cover 80+ % of the car related diagnostic tasks. It's laptop based and very affordable.

a.co/d/ee6q8Cc

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds