Autel Maxiscope with hantek ht25 cop question

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #61314 by tontsa
hi, I just got a hantek ht25cop for my maxiscope. I was wondering about what scaling should I use with it so I could get somewhat "accurate" kv readings? Also has anyone any inside about why this secondary capture looks so weird? car is 2005 Volvo with 4-wire coil, running fine.

Thanks for your help!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #61316 by juergen.scholl
Probably you won't find a general formula to translate your probe's measurements into an accurate kV reading, for quite a couple of reasons.

You always can put a regular ht lead between coil and plug and measure now with a regular capacitive probe.After comparing these readings to the measurements from your ht 25 on the same cylinder you now can create a custom probe.

Your capture looks strange, indeed: it gives the impression that dwell time and burn time are side shifted. What's left of the supposed inductive kick (happening earlier) looks definitely like a spark line and is shorter than what's right of it. Typically the dwell period is longer than the burn time, your capture shows this different...

A cop coil typically is negatively fired and your scope may not be (looks like) configured to compensate for this: this will result in an upside down image. Portions of your image point to this.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #61319 by tontsa
thank you!

Do you have any ideas or tips what I could do for to make this cop probe more useful?

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #61321 by juergen.scholl
You may try the following :

Use the invert function in the channel settings, apply a shorter time base (1 or 2ms/div using a trigger) and play around with the paddle position to find the best position/image.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds