Bricked VantagePro I Think. Model EETM303

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #60962 by dennis524
Hi all, I bought a VantagePro scope at an estate sell. I couldn't test it because there was no battery installed.
When I got home I put a battery in it from my other one. When I turned it on it beeped but all I got was a blank
blue screen.The CF card says version 1.0.0 so I don't think it has ever been updated. If it is bricked does anyone
know of a procedure to unbrick it or somewhere that I can send it for repair? Snap-On no longer services them.
I didn't pay much for the scope so I can afford to put some money into it. I'm a DIY so can't afford the newer stuff.
Thanks for any help,
Dennis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #61039 by Noah
Hey Dennis.
I have heard they are quite easy to brick by removing the CF card while the tool is powered on.
There may be some help available on the Snap-On website. I am pretty sure there is a forum there for legacy platform users. There may be some information posted in the past about the subject.
There is also a Snap-On user group on IATN. Someone over there may be able to give you some advice.
Sounds like you have two of them? I also own one, if you have any questions, I may be able to push some buttons or your behalf.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Noah.

More
1 year 1 week ago #61043 by dennis524
Hi Noah,
Thanks for the information. So far, I haven't been able to find anything that is of any help.
You mentioned a user group on "IATN", not sure what that stands for? I called Snap-On and they said
If I can get the scope connected to my computer I might be able to fix it by accessing the CF card, but with the state that it's
in my computer won't recognize it.
I do have another one that works and my thinking is that if I can fix this one then essentially I would have a 4 channel scope.
I will check out the information you mentioned and hopefully I will be able to find an answer.
It will be a shame if I have to use it as a door stop, these tools are still sought after.
Thanks again,
Dennis

More
1 year 6 days ago #61066 by juergen.scholl
IATN = International Automotive Technicians Network

www.iatn.net

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
1 year 5 days ago #61081 by dennis524
Thanks Noah,
Looks like I would have to be a professional to be able to join IATN. I just work on my cars and try to keep the grandkids cars
running.
I tried to find help using every resource that I could find. I'll keep looking and if I get lucky maybe something will show up.
Thanks for your time,
Dennis

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds