Cannot figure out what I am doing wrong

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #59743 by 660yfzman
I have tried to hook my lab scope up to a vehicle probably 30 to 40 times in the last six or eight months. Every time I get waveforms that look terrible. I have read as much as I can stand and watch as many videos as I can bare. I have gone into picoscope 7 automotive and tried to replicate all of the settings to the Pico scoop 7 software. I was originally using a hantek 1008c and thought that maybe it was the scope because I tried over and over exactly how I had been instructed by multiple things online but kept getting the same results. So I purchased a picoscope 2204 and still coming up with really bad waveforms. I have stayed determined no matter how frustrated I have got taking that I will eventually get it and still have not. I don't know if there's somebody that could help me I could possibly send videos or something and maybe somebody could tell me what I'm doing wrong. I tried my best to figure it out on my own and I am at the point where I'm about to give up so I am asking for help. Thanks everybody who are taking the time to read this. I have attached a screenshot of the best way for my have been able to achieve and this is so much better than anything prior to this.
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by 660yfzman. Reason: Forgot to add some information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #59744 by Chad
I see a secondary ignition waveform. :)

Post some pictures of your scope connections, and a screen shot (not a picture taken with your phone) of your scope settings.
B)
It would, also, be helpful if you could upload the .psdata file for us to look at. I would like to see that secondary waveform during a Wide open snap-throttle.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
1 year 3 months ago #59747 by 660yfzman
Yeah this is about the only time that I've got a waveform that looked very good. There's no coil oscillations though. And it just looks really noisy compared to any reference waveform. I'm not sure how to do the psdata but I will sure as heck figure it out and post it along with screenshots and photos this evening. Off the subject I see you have a quote that says you've learned more from being wrong and right. I tell people I would rather be wrong a hundred times and know that I'm wrong than to be wrong once and think that I'm right and refuse to be open to the idea that I could be wrong. Because you learn something that way besides arrogance. Lol thanks for the reply. This just gave me some sort of Hope.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds