Autel mp408 scope suggestion and advice please.

More
1 year 3 months ago #59644 by Nabil
Hi,
I would like to know the autel mp408 users views on scope (can't afford pico)
I am on very limited budget and also availability issue in middle east ( purchasing online adds alot of import duty ,VAT and delivery charges)
Please give ur opinion , have the software improved

And kindly guide what would you consider must have accessories to have with a scope and good quality leads ( cheapest or Diy )
Thanks alot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #59647 by juergen.scholl
Nabil,

hopefully Tyler will chime in, he uses the autel scope almost on a regular basis I believe.

In my opinion it is a decent scope that will cope with the majority of automotive diagnostics. Also the software has improved significantly compared to 4 or 5 years ago.

Additionally to the basic set of probes (which come with the scope) an amp clamp (or two) is of great benefit to this and any other scope, imo. It amplifies the the use of any scope

If you're heading at advanced diagnostics you may have a look at the USB Autoscope light package. It is an advanced and affordable piece of equipment that comes with a variety of extras like pressure transducers.
The sole scope without accessories is about 400 USD,

autoscope.eu/products/

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
1 year 3 months ago #59650 by Nabil
thanks alot for the reply

i will look at the scope and link you provided

hopefully Tyler will see this and help me out with his advice

btw thats what included with scope
Attachments:

More
1 year 3 months ago #59689 by Tyler
Hey Nabil! To be clear, I don't have the MP408, but an Autel Ultra with its integrated four channel scope. The hardware and software appear to be very similar? But I can't speak to the MP408 experience without having one in front of me to play with.

Overall I'm very happy with the scope in daily use. Easy to set up and use, does almost all of the measurements I could ask for. Still has a couple tricks up its sleeve that I haven't played with yet (network decoding, custom probes/measurements). A couple times I could have used Pico power for extremely long captures or the like, but otherwise I've never found the Ultra scope to be incapable.

Like Juergen said, amp clamps are a must. The kit comes with a plug wire adapter, but making your own COP adapter can be done on a budget with junk parts. See below:

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/lab-scope-di...need-to-buy-one.html

If the test leads that come with the MP408 are the same as mine, I'm not a fan. :( Had the solder joints on three of the ground banana jacks fail and break off. Had another lead that shorted the signal to the ground inside the lead itself. Maybe I'm just an ape? But I'd consider making your own, or buying a separate set.

More
1 year 3 months ago #59692 by Nabil
Hey Bro !
thanks a lot for reply first of all
yes i just checked it might not be same hardware as ultra

thanks a lot for explaining your experience with it, I emailed 2 youtubers who are using it professionally, unfortunately didn't get a reply.
i am just starting into all this stuff , so considering availability and budget as of now this would be a good start in my opinion, I have done
hours of research on forums and YouTube , comparing options availability reviews. but in the end it all boils down to cost and availability and I am left with Autel MP408 or Hantek Scopes(which have bad reputation for hardware and software)

yes, i plan to buy clamps, saw a good offer on a kit which includes

Includes 65A AC/DC Current Clamp, 650A AC/DC Current Clamp, Coil on Plug Probe, HT Extension Lead (2pcs) and Battery Clip (2pcs)
Includes Carrying Case
Includes 1-Year Warranty

and its in good price, I will compare it to if I purchase everything separate will it be cheaper.
i will check the link you provided on DIY

Regarding test leads its a mix review to be honest, some say that they are really good for the price tag some say they are bad, either way i plan to get better ones latter on cause i can use them with different scope whenever i upgrade.
Thanks a lot brother

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds