Hantek 1008C with HT25 not triggering

More
1 year 3 months ago #59571 by gnnova
I bought a 1008C with HT25 probe to measure secondary ignition. What my problem is that on my 2001 S10 with a 4.3. I can get a good triggered ignition signal on the coil wire but when I try to put the HT25 clamp on the spark plug wire near the spark plug or any where else on the wire I can not get any signal to showup. One signal might showup once and a great while but usually just a strait line. The ground was left at the same location as when I was getting the good signal off the coil wire. Does anyone have any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #60096 by boostedsil40
im having same issue did you figure it out?

More
1 year 2 months ago #60100 by gnnova
Gave up on the Hantek. Bought a OWON 1022I. From what I have been told on here is that the signal needed by the O-scope is weak by the time it reachs the plug and is hard to read by the O-scope. I can now get a trigger on the plug wire but it is not very usable. So I am working on getting a trigger on the plug wire but using a second probe on the coil to get a wave form that I can read.

More
1 year 1 month ago #60375 by boostedsil40
i gave up also and bought a aeswave uscope,ill keep the hantek for multichannel as it worked pretty good for reading things like cam/crank.secondary waveform its junk imo

More
1 year 1 month ago #60437 by gnnova
Just to let you know that I recently found an old Fluke ignition wire inductive clamp (don't know what it's part number is) and it gives me a good triggered wave form on my new oscope. I have not checked it with my Hantek. Hantek's probe might be part of the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #60710 by albertom
I had similar issues with the HT25, I found that replacing the capacitor improved a lot, now I could see the waveform just by playing with the voltage scale, you can search on youtube hantek ht25 mod, it's a ceramic cap code 182.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #60756 by gnnova
Great info. Somebody really knows their electronics. Thanks for the tip.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #60757 by gnnova

I had similar issues with the HT25, I found that replacing the capacitor improved a lot, now I could see the waveform just by playing with the voltage scale, you can search on youtube hantek ht25 mod, it's a ceramic cap code 182.

Would you happen to have the link to this youtube article. I tried searching for the name "hantek HT25 mod" and could not find anything? Thanks again for the tip.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds