pressure transducer with autel mp408 scope

More
1 year 5 months ago #59145 by minelabbob
does anyone know if a pressure transducer will work with autel mp408 scope. if so how would i setup

thx bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #59147 by Chad
Yes. Any scope accessory will work with any scope. Scope accessories ( pressure transducer, Pulse/Delta sensor, Amp clamps, test leads, etc...) all output a voltage. This voltage can represent voltage, like test-leads on the battery. Or, it can represent something else. For example, A pressure transducer converts pressure to a voltage. An amp clamp converts the field around a wire to a voltage, representing Amps/current flow. All accessories output a voltage. All scopes take an input voltage, and display it, over time.

The WPS 500 uses a scale of 1 volt per 100 psi, on range 1. 1 volt per 10 psi, on range 2. And, 1 volt per 1 psi, on range 3.

An amp clamp may use an output of 100mv per amp. Or, 10mv per amp.

The question is: "How do we know what the accessory output voltage represents?" The answer is that MOST scope accessories, like amp clamps, will have the conversion of their output voltage, to the unit they measure, printed on them. Others, you may have to check the tech specs of the accessory.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Chad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Tyler, minelabbob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds