Snap-on Verus edge not showing all signals

More
1 year 9 months ago #56970 by Fox.b
Hi, there.
I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong in regards to trying to see signals. I have managed to figure out that if I have the time too long then the signals are sporadic at best, but if I shorten the time base then the signals become more like they should. All these signals on the following captures (sorry for reflections) are from a working 2015 focus 1.0 3cyl.
Traces:

Yellow - cyl 3 coil voltage backprobing coil connector.

Green - all coil current ramps taken at fuse.

Blue - cyl 1 injector backprobing connector.

If you look at the time bases at each photo you will see that the signals become better in terms of clarity in repetition as the time is shortenen for the screen.
Am I doing something wrong as I want the proper signals shown on screen for a longer time base rather than short then having to save and then zoom out.
Thank you in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #56971 by Tyler
Unfortunately, on the Snap-On scope, even a two second time scale is way too long to see detail in ignition events. :(

If you want detail AND repetition, you'll have to keep turning the time scale down. Somewhere between 50 and 200ms would likely get you far more detail without filling the buffer too quickly. Then, use the Zoom function to narrow in on the capture as desired.

You might also try playing with the Peak Detect option to cut down on the scope aliasing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, juergen.scholl

More
1 year 9 months ago #56975 by juergen.scholl
As Tyler pointed out the snap on scope works "the other way around"... You'll have to select a short time base to get the details and then you can zoom out within the recorded capture to see some repetition.....

BUT: Your capture shows peak detect (higher sample rate) is off and on the green channel a filter is on. Shut off the filter and switch on peak detect and you will get A LOT MORE OF DETAIL.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds