A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

NVH App

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #56691 by juergen.scholl
NVH App was created by juergen.scholl
Does anyone use/have experience with this app and like to share experiences with it.

Years ago I heard about but it was REALLY expensive then at 500 bucks. Price dropped a year ago to 100 dollars and this is affordable even to a poor shop owner :P .

There are several videos from John Kelly/Weber university explaining the tool. Here is one:

I understand that it will not directly pinpoint to a faulty component as for example a dedicated NVH kit from Pico or ATS is capable to do but.....

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by juergen.scholl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #56829 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic NVH App
I watched the videos a while back and was quite impressed not impressed enough to pay big money though.
I found an interesting vido on Youtube last week on a DIY vibration sensor for a scope based on small cheap loud speaker -- not a Piezo but the old style moving coil.
I would have tried it out but have done a junk clearout and threw out the ones I had.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: juergen.scholl

More
1 year 9 months ago #56835 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic NVH App
Thank you Andy

Could you please share the link to the mentioned video. Are there any relevant specs like impedance for the speakers or would it be trial and success approach?

The app prize lowered substantially from the 500 USD tag to 100, I fell tempted.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
1 year 9 months ago #56872 by gav09
Replied by gav09 on topic NVH App
I got it once the price went down. I don't use it every vibration but it is helpful and accurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juergen.scholl

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #62441 by rburg0093
Replied by rburg0093 on topic NVH App
Is it worth the $100?

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #62490 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic NVH App

Is it worth the $100?

It is in my opinion.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds