A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

J2534 software/programming recycling?

More
1 year 10 months ago #56663 by Ben
I'm curious if anyone has heard, seen, used any sort of aftermarket program to extract vehicle module programming and reinstall to new replacement module rather than purchase new software? It seems ridiculous to have to buy a software/programming that's already owned....

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #56664 by juergen.scholl
In the tuning world this pretty standard. You need specific hard- and software that will read , save and (re)write entire calibration files, be it from flash or eeprom memories. That way you can clone complete ecus. It can be done on the bank or even through the obd port, depending on the software and the specific controller. Alientech is a company that covers (not only) a lot of the European and Asian vehicles and they feature the Kess ( 0bd) and K-tag (bank). There are a lot more but these are the ones I have worked with. For the domestic market HP tuner is a fine tool that goes a long way as well (mainly GM).

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
1 year 10 months ago #56710 by Tyler
I dunno that there's J2534 software that'll do that? :huh:

I do know that IO Terminal will allow you to save and reinstall base software files at will. As in, you're replacing an ECM on a '15 Equinox that already has the latest and greatest calibration. It'll copy/paste the software from the old into the new, and the car will never know the difference.

If the old module has out of date software, and you NEED the latest/greatest to fix an issue, then you'll either have to go through the OE programming procedure, or find someone that has the exact programming file you need (for your specific Y/M/M/E/Vehicle Options). I've heard of IO Terminal user groups that share files and maintain archives for stuff like this...

More
1 year 9 months ago #56742 by Ben
Any such software like forscan for gm and chrysler? Seems like as built data takes the place of sps programming for body modules cluster and such Tyler mentioned a chrylser software some time ago but I can't remember what it was...

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds