A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Hantek 20:1 attenuator voltage limits

More
2 years 1 week ago #56171 by ksat22
The max voltage on the HT201 is 300V. I hear primary ignition voltage can spike as high as 400V. Although the product descript, for what it's worth, says u can use it for scoping the primary, I was wondering if I'd be risking my scope at all using it.

Picco's 20:1 apparently is also rated at for the same voltage and someone who posted a similar question on their site got a reply from the admins that it was okay to use it for that purpose as the high voltage spike is so brief that it won't have time to affect anything.

Am I worrying for nothing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 week ago #56184 by juergen.scholl
Though the spec is an information to consider I have used both pico and hantek attenuators on higher voltages than the mentioned 300V, specifically primary voltage. Nothing has become damaged.

I believe the 300 V is the designed operating range but there is (hopefully) a significantly higher "burst" level, comparabel to a pressure sensor. I do not believe the short time span being a factor as too much will be too much, in electronics and elsewhere.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
2 years 1 week ago #56189 by ksat22
Thanks, That's good to hear.

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds