A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Dyvo load tester

More
1 year 11 months ago #56033 by bjørn.ali.stokman
I haven't seen much of this tool going around.
I have seen kbueldiag @instagram use it, and that's where I first saw it.

We've finally got one at my job, and it has made my life so much easier.
Wondering if anyone else had any experience with it?

dyvo.us/

Parts cannon first, then diag.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #56040 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic Dyvo load tester
Wow!! This one got me going, enjoy the rant

I don't feel like buying a pretty limited volts only meter at a pretty high cost. On any standard DVOM there are more than at least a dozen different functions, and this one does voltage drop only?? Get a loadpro if you feel like.... You could get a Fluke 87 or 88 for that money and do SO MUCH MORE!

On the website I do not see specs like accuracy, sample rate, load resistor value...

IMO it's almost an insult to any tech's intelligence suggesting they can handle go/no go red and green light indicators but not so much think about what they're actually doing.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
1 year 11 months ago #56042 by bjørn.ali.stokman
Replied by bjørn.ali.stokman on topic Dyvo load tester
Thank you for the input.
It is designed with ease of use in mind, so that people that don't really appreciate diagnostics can use it.
It however does have a display with voltages on the screen as you can see.
Which is what I use to determine a good or bad wire.

And the specifications are all on their site, you just have to expand the menus.

And because of the Lead's you would be able to see if there is a pwm signal on that wire or just a steady supply.
Which I guess would be difficult on a dvom.

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #56045 by juergen.scholl
The spec I see is a 18 volts rating, so technically were talking a 3½ digit display, nothing on accuracy. If you see more real specs please link to it.

A 100 bucks DVOM will give you pwm, duty cycle, frequency, min/max, bar graph for rapid transistions...
Not sure what you mean by appreciating diagnostics, but it sure helps to know what you're doing and be able to put a voltage reading into context.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by juergen.scholl.

More
1 year 11 months ago #56046 by bjørn.ali.stokman
Well alot people I worked with sadly have no experience with electronics, and they would like to see the green light as an ok.
I myself do not like this, but people are different.

I'm not saying this tool should replace anything, but it its 180$ for the basic kit?
The site also offers a calculator for finding ohm values, if you want to use it for that.

More
1 year 11 months ago #56047 by juergen.scholl
The price I see is 405$ for the basic kit. Please post the link to the page with the specs as I the picture does not allow to read them well

Attachments:

More
1 year 11 months ago #56048 by bjørn.ali.stokman
Yes my bad, might have been thinking about something else.

dyvo.us/dyvo-learn-more/
Here is the link, you have to scroll down, and there will be a tab you can open to read more features.

The following user(s) said Thank You: juergen.scholl

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #56049 by juergen.scholl
I saw that before, but it's not really a lot of "specs", just stating "800 nits of brightness" (where it should say luminance, shouldn't it?) and update rate...

Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by juergen.scholl.

More
1 year 11 months ago #56054 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Dyvo load tester
I hadn't heard of this before. :huh: And based out of Denver!

I watched the fuel pump testing video on their site. I think what you said sums it up pretty well:

It is designed with ease of use in mind, so that people that don't really appreciate diagnostics can use it.

That's it. Part Power Probe, part Load Pro, part DMM. To savvy diagnosticians, it looks like voltage drop testing with extra steps. :silly: But to the uninitiated/uninterested, there's value in the Dyvo.

In that way, I put it in the same class of tools as the PDT Heartbeat 1001:

www.parasiticdraintest.com/products/?id=

You can do the same thing with an Owon multimeter and about $100 of Wish parts. But the PDT wraps it up in an easy-to-use package and makes the results clear as day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juergen.scholl, bjørn.ali.stokman

More
1 year 11 months ago #56097 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic Dyvo load tester
That was my brother who commented on the fuel pump vid saying how expensive it was. He pulled the trigger but returned it when it showed up buyers remorse set in
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
1 year 11 months ago #56243 by 70monte
Replied by 70monte on topic Dyvo load tester
Looks interesting. I watched some of their videos and it seems it would be a good tool for a novice who wants a simple way to test. It definitely is expensive though. I wonder how much load this thing puts on a circuit?

More
1 year 11 months ago #56245 by bjørn.ali.stokman
I don't remember for sure, but I think it loads a certain amount per voltage available.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 70monte

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds